SAFF CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 General Discussions

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    As they say if ur good enough..ur old enough!!
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I heard Phillipines is inviting Inida for an invitational tournament in October??...any truth/news about that?<br>What happened to the Al Nakba cup in Palestine<br>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Can't agree more with you guys.Time for a new team to step up and not just 2-3 players.<br><br>Something similar to what is being done in Hockey.<br><br>Even if India will lose some matches then also we'll still be knowing that these guys can still improve and can challenge the Asian Continent and eventually some other decent European countries.<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    There is no official source online. May be a creation of wannabe FB page admins. Or may be some Bengali sports show have shown it
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2013
    Somehow, i am getting the same feeling which i got when India failed to qualify for 2008 Olympics hockey tournament.<br><br>In these 2-3 years, only major tournament would be Nehru Cup.So,i feel India has quality of producing enough quality players who can at least play as a team which can be in top 10 countries in Asia.<br><br><br>Rest of my Questions will be answered by our u-19 and u-16 and u-23 teams.<br><br><br>Tbh, if we can't find 11 players from 130 crores than we can't find them anywhere.<br><br><br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Bad wrote: »
    <br><br><br>Tbh, if we can't find 11 players from 130 crores than we can't find them anywhere.<br><br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>this is more difficult than finding 11 players from say 13 crores...like finding a pin in haystack...scouting, coverage of all areas, setting up proper infrastructure everything becomes difficult</div>
  • Akoi wrote: »
    Somebody was talking about India being invited to Suzuki cup??? Is that true?

<br><br>Suzuki Cup is for south east asia teams. India is not invited there.<br>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_AFF_Suzuki_Cup<br>;
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Afghanistan heros return home being SAFF Cup Champions!! Amazing crowd celebrations!!

• StrikerStriker 107 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Afghanistan heros return home being SAFF Cup Champions!! Amazing crowd celebrations!!

<br><div>These people and they're prayers are the reason the Afghans came back as champions! #lovemyppl</div>
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited September 2013
    @harry191 If we're talking about old, goalkeeper usually hit their peak in their late 20s and early 30s (case in point: neuer, casillas, buffon, lloris, etc.)

Gurpreet should be given in a chance (for non-important games, sure and especially when Subrata retired) but as of now Subrata still showed why he is India's #1 goalkeeper.<div><br></div><div>I wish I took points of all of Subrata's great saves thru the tournament to show the people how good he is.</div>