AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Some fans getting carried away here...

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

the thread needs to go to page 2 quickly :P

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

@ Rudra

It is reality bro. I might switch India with Nepal but that is not a whole lot better. Bangladesh are playing some good football as seen by their qualification into the AFC challenge cup with their only loss being by one goal against palestine ( the same team that scored 4 on us in our own soil). Same goes for Afghanistan who are clinical and physical and in some years might be the best contender for SAFF entry to the Asian Cup. With proper resources and head coach, who knows how good that team could be. Maldives are also very clinical and are ranked the highest among all SAFF countries despite having one of the smallest populations. And I can't say that we can easily beat Nepal too. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

@Terp13

these few results good enough? then just a few days back pakistan defeated bangladesh and nepal, so they will be at top ?
    the palestine team is not the same, isn't it @Shah476
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points

I mean a team's true test is when they play away from home and when we do that we have a really hard time. These results are official FIFA/AFC results. They are not like invitational tournaments where teams decide whether or not to send their best players. Besides, in the Next ranking release, Afghanistan will Jump 55 spots in the FIFA ranking and I am not joking about that. They will be the highest ranked in SAFF (around 143) team followed by India and that is only because FIFA does not recognize Northern Marijuana Islands. If they did, then Bangladesh will easily be above us and obviously Maldives did not Partake in the tournament but they are ranked highest of all SAFF teams.

We beat nepal n drew maldives..

Tht was palestine 2nd string side mostly... bdesh beat NMI 4-0 n u beat Guam 4-0 judge who had worse results..yea desh has better gd overall n tht works for em..

India is still ahead in all aspects..money..league..development.. n the rest..

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

@Shah

Those where friendlies and they don't have the same weightage as a qualifier but Pakistan is also emerging so you guys will come back to trouble some nations.
    Why would Palestine send a 2nd string team for Qualifiers but a first string team for a friendly? I am not doubting you but it doesn't make sense.
    India is ahead in many things but Stamina, Spirit, and Football IQ are not one of them. 
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points

And besides, my ranking was based on the way we are playing recently. Overall India has the most talented players in the region but they were not on the field yesterday.

Palestine had abt 10 foreign based players werent released so this was their 2nd string type of team..but they did the job required..

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

I didn't know that. How does a war ravaged "nation" (if you want to call it that) have 10 foreign based players while we have one?