AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9381 Points

What do you think of this article guys - http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/03/07/indian-football-where-do-we-go-from-here/#

He's not regular Indian Football fan but he did watch our match and put his views.

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

The only reason Bangladesh as a better GD is because of NMI Seriously that team has no ranking if you count that it ill be above 210-220
    if Bangladesh faced guam it would just be a 2-0 win
    and we faced NMI it would even go to 8-0 9-0 win

if AFC can add NMI add tibet too

• ashindiaashindia 9381 Points
    edited March 2013

> samiam said:
    > The only reason Bangladesh as a better GD is because of NMI Seriously that team has no ranking if you count that it ill be above 210-220

if AFC can add NMI add tibet too

AFC's Acting Chinese President will be forced to clean sewage at home if he does it
    :D

• BadBad 5146 Points

> samiam said:
    > The only reason Bangladesh as a better GD is because of NMI Seriously that team has no ranking if you count that it ill be above 210-220

if AFC can add NMI add tibet too.

No offense to you but now should we blame NMI for our exit from AFC CUP?????
    The groups were announced in advance.The simple thing is that we were not able to beat Myanmar because of the Coaching Tactics and Selection.

The thing is that we have a better team then what we are playing with and Imo the coach should be blamed for this rather then the coach.

Eg)Myanmar is no Superpower i.e in the past we have beaten Myanmar with similar players so it wasn't as if we were against Asian Powerhouses so this excuse is bad .It wasn't like we don't have the players and stuff.We are still better then them and we are the best players in SAFF without a doubt.The bad part is that we didn't field our best players and tactics were astonishing to say the least.

Eg)Syed Nabi-The best player (ACC TO AIFF).He drops him to the bench.

Now,if there had been politics over Nabi then he would not have been the Best player(Acc to AIFF). So this means it has to be Coach's decision to not make him play.

Now

In case of Bob Houghton-3 trophies
    The people say Asian Cup 2011 was a disaster for India.Now tell me what was AIFF Expecting to get from the Group.

Aus(4-0)
    Bah(5-2)
    S.Korea(4-1)

Expect for perhaps a goal less against Bahrain maybe (4-2 ) i would take all these results because all these matches were outside INDIA.

Were AIFF expecting to advance from the group????

I am not saying that Bob Houghton was right or wrong but try to analyze the two situations and see where are we now????

The Coach should resign as i feel it is his Short-Sightedness which has caused us a berth in AFC Challenge Cup which trust me 90% of the coaches would have made possible.

"I am the same Indian Guy who was mentioned in the Goal.com article in Fan's view point regarding the Myanmar game"

I think 2022 lakshya would be renamed to "Lakshya for AFC Challenge cup rather then the World Cup"

• Stop playing the blame game. Yes, Wim failed to field the proper team but to dump him like this is just like Chelsea dropping a manager after 3 straight losses and a drop to 5th place (no offense Chelsea fans).

Listen, shit happens. Right now Indian football is in a changing period as much as people like to deny it. The I-League is changing dramatically from next season, the coaching philosophy is changing, the youth development is changing... everything is changing. It is natural to see a few bumps on the road and sadly this is one of them. All we can do now is hope that Wim is human and that he can use him brain and figure out what went wrong and what he needs to do or aim for next time.

That is all we can do now.
  • suneer_ksuneer_k 129 Points

@ArsenakKid,  You are right.

Also we are going to qualify to AFC along with Bangladesh as best second team. And we will win the AFC. and we will play in Asia Cup 2015.Thin +vely........................

• BadBad 5146 Points

This is just an opinion Bro.

Neither he will nor i expect him to follow my/our comments.

My point is if you consider what has happened to us is worst that can happen to Indian Football.

If we can't qualify for AFC challenge cup in 2014(Developmental countries of ASIA) then are we really serious in saying that we are aiming to qualify AMONG ASIAN SUPER POWERS and in process beating some them in Stages 3 and 4.

Saying is easy and Implementing it is Difficult.

• > suneer_k said:
    >

@ArsenakKid,  You are right.

Also we are going to qualify to AFC along with Bangladesh as best second team. And we will win the AFC. and we will play in Asia Cup 2015.Thin +vely........................

We better qualify for the Asian Cup. My goal was to raise enough money for a trip to Australia in January 2015 for my college break and watch at least 1 India match. That will not be ruined because the Philippines use Euro rejects.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

We wont be making it..lets put it that way... :(

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> Shah476 said:
    > We wont be making it..lets put it that way... :(

YES WE WILL!!!!!!!!!