AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> reddevil87 said:
    > @shankar still didnt get the complete picture, if brunei quits. With 4th place rule comes out, a draw between Tajk & Krz will give both 4 points sufficient enough for them to go through next round. Laos would be most benefited team and Afghan being unlucky one. 

yea at least this current on going group match they would try to win as they cant be assured of a place if final team result is removed

and yea it will be really sad for afghans if they miss out 
  • GuchimareGuchimare 39 Points
    edited March 2013
    "Discarding 4th place teams" rule will only apply to decide the two best teams among runners up of each group, not to re-arrange the entire tables, therefore Afghanistan is still the winner of Group C and instead Laos will be given a chance as so-far the best runner up. So it will look like this. 

Laos 4 pts +2 GD
    India 3 pts +3 GD
    Bangladesh 3 pts +1 GD

So in this case, Bangladesh is the unluckiest and i think they won't stay cool with this sudden twist.
  • ashindiaashindia 9382 Points

Tajiks and Krgyz two neighbors will play out for a friendly draw to confirm spots for themselves.AFC sucks to the core the worst Confederation !

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Because goal difference is one of the criteria used to rank the second-placers, the Philippines, Turkmenistan and Cambodia, could be at a disadvantage, compared to other groups who have three opponents, and thus, more opportunities to run up their differential.

Brunei is currently ranked 186, one below Cambodia. The Philippines figures in at 145, while Turkmenistan, who eliminated the Azkals in the 2012 semifinals of the same tourney, is 140 in FIFA Rankings.

• BadBad 5146 Points

So we still in the same place if this happens????

I think the best option will be to have a one-off match between the top 4 out of the 5 groups(2nd place teams)on a neutral venue and decide the 2 best runner-ups

• ashindiaashindia 9382 Points

@Shah476

I was waiting for some of your views regarding Pakistan bowing out of the tourney,I hope you will give yours now.

I just read the article on FBP regarding yesterdays result.I feel Pakistan have done fairly well,its never easy to get results against Central Asian teams in their own backyard.PFF have to keep this coach for few more years I think he'll get the results.

Best of Luck for the consolation match against Macau :)

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

I hope Tajiks beat Kyrgyzstan. But that might be hoping for too much although Tajikistan is a much better side. They will play for a draw. I don't know why all these matches were played at different times to begin with. India has to complain to Blatter about this. I am pretty sure it is against the FIFA rules.

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> ashindia said:
    > @Shah476

I was waiting for some of your views regarding Pakistan bowing out of the tourney,I hope you will give yours now.

I just read the article on FBP regarding yesterdays result.I feel Pakistan have done fairly well,its never easy to get results against Central Asian teams in their own backyard.PFF have to keep this coach for few more years I think he'll get the results.

Best of Luck for the consolation match against Macau :)

why is pakistan bowing out?

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Coz we lost both games sami..

Well its hard to write in details on what went wrong..first game there was a plan to contain a stronger side..we did tht till 90th min..hoping for a draw or to nick something on counter but they won with tht late goal.cant complain much as a draw would have done wonders.

2nd game just got off wrong foot with first ministake n just never came back from it..created few chances etc. Played without our mainstriker who got injured in first game. Also i think coach got tactics wrong..we play too deep with direct football...

We had only gone with 20squad with 3 overseas guys pulling out late..so not best of squad but still should be winning this game.

Not really sure i would wanna stick with same coach however i would mind a new foreigner. Perhaps our old coach..the bahraini guy maybe.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    edited March 2013

HT - Pakistan 1-0 Macau

Pakistan player got Red card in 41 min and Pakistan scored in 44 min through penalty.