AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• afgsoccerafgsoccer 142 Points

looking at the list of players nominated for final selection, it seems Afghanistan is one of the potential teams, considering their performance in 2011 SAFF 

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Afghans are developing very fast. I dont k￱now most of these players though. So cant comment abt their strength. Can u remind me who are in Grp C along wid Afghan?

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

nameWTHeld said:
    Afghans are developing very fast. I dont k￱now most of these players though. So cant comment abt their strength. Can u remind me who are in Grp C along wid Afghan?

Group c LAOS ,AFGANISTHAN ,SRI LANKA ,MONGOLIA

Djelaludin Sharityar  currently playing in Al Hidd Bahrain, Islam Amiri Captain of Mumbai FC, Faisal Sakhizada playing in Australia and Rafi Barekzai are the best defenders in South Asia. 

Israfil Kohistani playing in Denmark, Yousuf Mashriqi, playing in USA, Idris Mashriqi as well as Amrudding sharifi and Harez Habib playing in Germany would make a great midfield. 
    and for the forward, Belal Arezou is undoubtedly the best if we have Hamid Karimi or Sanjar Ahmadi along with him. 

This would be the first time Afghanistan is encountering with Mongolia and Laos, Afghanistan has beaten Sri lanka 4 times in 5 games.  

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

This is too easy a group. I would be surprised if Afghans do not top it. Other teams are really weak. However, beware of Laos

> nameWTHeld said:
    > This is too easy a group. I would be surprised if Afghans do not top it. Other teams are really weak. However, beware of Laos

Laos has had a good results over  past year..... they are playing Srilanka first, and Mongolia second, if Afghanistan beat both Srilanka and Mangolia, and Laos get a draw against any of those two teams, then Afghanistan can easily top the group even with a draw against Laos
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points

the list of Afghanistan players looks like a World X1 team.Anyway would love to see them win
    they have very high potential

• This squad concerns me for Afghanistan. Is this really some of their best?

4 of the players selected play in United States. 1 in the 4th tier and the other 3 in non-league amateur football.

1 of the players wikipedia says that he is a NY Red Bulls reserve player. That is false. He did not even play once for the Red Bulls reserves in the MLS Reserve League in 2012.

Dont hate me for this but I still believe that Afghanistan's SAFF Cup run was almost a fluke. Just like Sri Lanka's run the the AFC Challenge Cup FINAL in 2006 was a fluke.
  • StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited January 2013

How could u say afghanistans run for the SAFF 2011 cup was a fluke. we completely controlled the finals match against india. if it werent for the bullshit at the end we would end up on top. common those guys have worked hard to get to the finals and then saying these kinds of things just ruins there efforts. would u say there run for the finals in the 2010 South asian games was also a fluke, taking in mind that sri lanka and india were both in the same group with afghanistan. the team went through tough games with sri lanka, india, and maldives which were all wins for them. that cant be luck. neither was it luck afghanistan made it to the SAFF Finals in 2011