AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

I dont think that was fluke..they really well but i do agree r these playing at high standard? Where is the jawad alam playing in denamrk? N some others in germany too..

Easy group for afghanistan to top if they perform well.

• StrikerStriker 107 Points

@afgsoccer

where did you get this preliminary squad list from>
     and i was also wondering if faysal Shayesteh from SC Heerenveen was also going to play for the afghan side?
  • > Striker said:
    > How could u say afghanistans run for the SAFF 2011 cup was a fluke. we completely controlled the finals match against india. if it werent for the bullshit at the end we would end up on top. common those guys have worked hard to get to the finals and then saying these kinds of things just ruins there efforts. would u say there run for the finals in the 2010 South asian games was also a fluke, taking in mind that sri lanka and india were both in the same group with afghanistan. the team went through tough games with sri lanka, india, and maldives which were all wins for them. that cant be luck. neither was it luck afghanistan made it to the SAFF Finals in 2011

To be honest. I would and considering that was India's U19 side I would say that India's run was well done in 2010.

Now I am not taking anything away from Afghanistan but lets look at the sides you guys played along the way: A weakened India, one that has been falling in the FIFA Rankings and in quality of players and coaches since the 2011 AFC Asian Cup. A Sri Lanka side who anyone can beat. And a Bhutan side who probably play 8 matches every 4 years in small tournaments/qualifiers. And then in the Semi's you guys played against Nepal. A side that just about made it into the semi's due to a 95th minute goal in their 2nd match against Bangladesh.

Now since the SAFF Cup Afghanistan has done what? What matches have they played since then?

And lets look at their squad: 
    1) 13 players are from Afghan Premier League squads. That league ended months ago and what have they done? They need games to be in top fitness. 

2) The two Iranian based players play in lower tier sides. 

3) The guys on American teams play in the amateur leagues of America where it is practically sign-up, pass a little try-out, and your in. 

4) Your Aussie plays for a team in what can be said as equal to I-League. Amiri is good. 

5) You have a Dutch based player in the 2nd tier AMATEUR LEAGUE. 

6) Their Bahraini player is also a good player. 

7) ALL your German based players are playing for lower tier clubs. And not even you know 3rd or 4th tier but the bloody 5th tier of German football. 

8) Your Danish players are also lower tier players.

9) Belal Arezou... the man responsible for half of Afghanistan's goals in the SAFF Cup will be their to help you guys again. I rate him highly.
  • Overall I feel that you guys have a very good SAFF Cup squad but in the AFC Challenge Cup don't be surprised at the toughness of the tournament. Am I saying you guys wont qualify, no. I bet Afghanistan can make it in first BUT it will not be as easy as people say.

Sri Lanka should be no problem. Mongolia should also be a walk in the park considering their inactiveness but Laos will be the challenge. They defeated the Philippines back in September and only lost 2-1 to Thailand. They did however succumb to tournament pressure against Turkmenistan and Vietnam in which Laos lost 4-2 and 4-0 respectively.

But what strikes me is Laos in the AFF Suzuki Cup. A 2-2 draw against Indonesia followed by defeat against Malaysia 4-1. Then they ended their campaign with another loss to eventual champions of the tournament... Singapore by a score of 4-3. At one point Laos led Singapore 2-0.

Also look at their personel. Most of their players play in the Laos or Thai leagues. They will be playing the Challenge Cup qualifiers in Laos. They have the home field advantage. And not to mentioned they are coached by a Japanese coach who coached a J.League side from 2008 to 2009.

I still think Afghanistan can do it but it will be very tough.

One of the danish guy is refugee i think israfeel kohistani hes from afghanistan..was outstanding in saff cup..other danish..no idea..even my boys not heard of him... german 5th div aint that bad to be fair.

I think many of those overseas wont make the cut conpetitive squad..

But i would like to see the guys fron holland n mohammad ali khan from sweden..that will add the quality to ur side.

• > Shah476 said:
    > But i would like to see the guys fron holland n mohammad ali khan from sweden..that will add the quality to ur side.

Does he even have an Afghanistan passport. So far from various sources he has a German one (birth) and a Swedish one.
  • StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited January 2013

@Arsenalkid700

i agree with everything you have pointed out and they are all facts but thats what even excites me more. the fact that these amateur level players our not only coming out and playing for the afghan side but coming out pulling upsets and making us proud. their mentality of NEVER GIVE UP comes from the people of afghanistan's mentality during war NEVER GIVE UP. these players may well be amateurs but they are our heroes for going out there and making us proud. what sets them apart is that when they play they play with passion. they are there for the poor people of afghanistan. not to be internationally famous like most stars out there. 2013 SAFF cup champions will be afghanistan inshallah
  • afgsoccerafgsoccer 142 Points

> Striker said:
    > @afgsoccer

where did you get this preliminary squad list from>
     and i was also wondering if faysal Shayesteh from SC Heerenveen was also going to play for the afghan side?

The list was originally announced by Afghanistan Football Federation and is also posted in Afghanistan official football website. 

Faisal Shayesta hasn't been invited this time. 
  • afgsoccerafgsoccer 142 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Striker said:
    > > How could u say afghanistans run for the SAFF 2011 cup was a fluke. we completely controlled the finals match against india. if it werent for the bullshit at the end we would end up on top. common those guys have worked hard to get to the finals and then saying these kinds of things just ruins there efforts. would u say there run for the finals in the 2010 South asian games was also a fluke, taking in mind that sri lanka and india were both in the same group with afghanistan. the team went through tough games with sri lanka, india, and maldives which were all wins for them. that cant be luck. neither was it luck afghanistan made it to the SAFF Finals in 2011
    >
    >

To be honest. I would and considering that was India's U19 side I would say that India's run was well done in 2010.

Now I am not taking anything away from Afghanistan but lets look at the sides you guys played along the way: A weakened India, one that has been falling in the FIFA Rankings and in quality of players and coaches since the 2011 AFC Asian Cup. A Sri Lanka side who anyone can beat. And a Bhutan side who probably play 8 matches every 4 years in small tournaments/qualifiers. And then in the Semi's you guys played against Nepal. A side that just about made it into the semi's due to a 95th minute goal in their 2nd match against Bangladesh.

Now since the SAFF Cup Afghanistan has done what? What matches have they played since then?

And lets look at their squad: 
    1) 13 players are from Afghan Premier League squads. That league ended months ago and what have they done? They need games to be in top fitness. 

2) The two Iranian based players play in lower tier sides. 

3) The guys on American teams play in the amateur leagues of America where it is practically sign-up, pass a little try-out, and your in. 

4) Your Aussie plays for a team in what can be said as equal to I-League. Amiri is good. 

5) You have a Dutch based player in the 2nd tier AMATEUR LEAGUE. 

6) Their Bahraini player is also a good player. 

7) ALL your German based players are playing for lower tier clubs. And not even you know 3rd or 4th tier but the bloody 5th tier of German football. 

8) Your Danish players are also lower tier players.

9) Belal Arezou... the man responsible for half of Afghanistan's goals in the SAFF Cup will be their to help you guys again. I rate him highly.

not all those players will be invited to the national team, except for the best ones who by they way have to pass a trial. 

I'd say one player from US, one from Bahrain Amiri, Faisal Sakhizada, as well as 3 from Germany, only Habib Arian, Sanjar Ahmadi and some from our Domestic league will make a tough team to beat.