AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

hopefully we qualify

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Pakistan's probable squad.. 

Jaffar Khan of Army, Saqib Hanif, Rizwan Asif, Samar Ishaq, Kamran Khan, Muhammad Adil, Kaleem Ullah, Saddam Hussain and Yaseer Afridi of Khan Research Laboratory (KRL), Muhammad Ahmed and Muzamil Hussain of Water & Power Development Authority (WAPDA), Faisal Iqbal of National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), Muhammad Mujahid of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), Naveed Ahmed of Navy, Muhammad Hameed and Saeed Ahmed of Muslim FC Chaman, Jadeed Khan Pathan from Afghan FC, Yousuf Butt from BGA (Denmark), Yaqoob Butt from Skovshoved IF (Denmark), Hassan Bashir from Nordvest FC (Denmark), Muhammad Ali from BK Avarta (Denmark), Amjad Iqbal from Bradford Park Avenue FC (England), Shabbir Khan from Worcester City FC (England), Zeshan Rehman from Kitchee SC (Hong Kong) and Adnan Ahmed from Droylsden FC (England)

Could have been bit better but still decent enough i think..

Afghanistan has 14 overseas based players in their final 23... good going.. should be ok for them to make it to the finals one would think.

• > Shah476 said:
    > Afghanistan has 14 overseas based players in their final 23... good going.. should be ok for them to make it to the finals one would think.

Most of their team is amateurs from the 5th tier of Germany and the United States. They can make it but not so far.

yeh lot of them are college level or whatnot but im impressed how the local coach is keen on it and seems to have merit on his mind.. unlike our local coaches.. as was the case with savio too if im not too wrong..

germany 5th tier aint bad.. its good physical level.. but i know where ur coming from..
  • > Shah476 said:
    > yeh lot of them are college level or whatnot but im impressed how the local coach is keen on it and seems to have merit on his mind.. unlike our local coaches.. as was the case with savio too if im not too wrong..

germany 5th tier aint bad.. its good physical level.. but i know where ur coming from..

Below college level. The USL PDL is poor soccer. The college kids that play in it are a lot better than the usual PDL player (In the summer College players can be brought on loan by a PDL club).

Overall though it is not a bad squad. Should be good enough to qualify. Group Stage though would be the respectful prediction.

As for Savio. Well he selected based on what Bob had. He had his favorites and those favorites were not liked by the fans or the federation because they were the old guard, done and dusted at international level. We and the AIFF wanted the new up and rising players to play at the national level but Savio declined. He also missed many good players like Lalkamal, Sanju etc.

Wim is doing better but I hope he decides to try some other players eventually.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

United Sikkim FC defender Sandesh Jhingan who sustained a groin injury during a training session at the national team’s Preparatory Camp for the forthcoming 2014 AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers has been released from the on going camp in Pune.
    Dempo SC defender Rowilson Rodrigues has been named as his replacement. Rowilson joins the camp on February 23.

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

Arnab mondal also got injured and where is his replacement?

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

arnab and sandesh both out??

this is major blow man 
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

And now i'm realy worried after watching Raju defend in todays CFL match against Mohamedan.