AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited October 2012

@ArsenalKid700 ;

what did you think of the Afghan Premier League players, i saw speed,ball control, and ball shooting accuracy but they had horrible defense. I guess Sharityar's gotta teach them how to defend . What did you think? 
  • > Striker said:
    > @ArsenalKid700 ;

what did you think of the Afghan Premier League players, i saw speed,ball control, and ball shooting accuracy but they had horrible defense. I guess Sharityar's gotta teach them how to defend . What did you think? 

Technically you guys got a lot to do. The best aspect about the players were the speed and the stamina. Mainly with the midfielders. They get the ball and just charge down the field. Of course that is due to the bad defending which allows that space but its a great thing to see. Another thing I noticed is vision, an aspect of football that I feel many people don't consider. Many of the players were able to lift their heads, find the player and get it to them easy and create a good chance. That is one of the stand out things about you guys. Its great to see.

Also after watching the final match I must say that the worst aspect was the goalkeeping. Can not even hang on to the ball. Credit to the attackers. Lots of fast passing and great vision but the keeping and defending could be better.

If you guys can make the Afghan Premier League a 5-month long tournament then I can see Afghanistan going to great places in this game.
    edited October 2012

You know what i think would be awesome if the afghan Premier league teams and the Indian Football league teams could play eachother and see how they would do with the different styles of both countries and learn there weaknesses to work on. what do u think?

• > Striker said:
    > You know what i think would be awesome if the afghan Premier league teams and the Indian Football league teams could play eachother and see how they would do with the different styles of both countries and learn there weaknesses to work on. what do u think?

Let me put it like this... Dempo vs. Toofaan Harirod FC (2012 Afghan Premier League Champions) then Dempo would probably win 5-0 to 8-0. Now, before we get ancy about that let me also put it like this... Dempo vs. Churchill Brothers looked like we were watching Spain vs. Netherlands but if it was say Manchester United vs. Dempo then it would be different. Manchester would be Barcelona and we would be San Marino. The Afghan teams can look good playing each other but do not expect the same thing when it comes down to I-League vs. APL. The Afghan League is still less than a year old, one season in which was only 2 months long. 

There are lots of developments that are needed, like a much longer league. 

Lets first see if the Asian Football Confederation will allow Toofaan Harirod to play in the 2013 AFC Presidents Cup (The 3rd level of Asian football). Build yourself up, don't overestimate yourselves.

I agree that the season should be longer but i dont think im overestimating the afghan teams, i never said that we would win, all i said was that it would be nice if they teams played. btw i have seen dempo play and i think your overestimating them. Yes they are better than Toofan E Harirod but i dont see 8-0 or a 5-0 score. 

• > Striker said:
    > I agree that the season should be longer but i dont think im overestimating the afghan teams, i never said that we would win, all i said was that it would be nice if they teams played. btw i have seen dempo play and i think your overestimating them. Yes they are better than Toofan E Harirod but i dont see 8-0 or a 5-0 score. 

8-0 is possible. 5-0 is a lot more realistic. Put Ryugi, Koko, Rohan Ricketts, Joaquim and Romeo against the defenders from any APL team and you will see goals.

Give it a few years. The league will develop and get better. Get some foreign help as well and you guys will reach our level.

@Arsenalkid700 ;

lol most if not all the names you just said arent even indian players, personally yes foreign help would be nice but not in the game maybe with external business but i like the fact that the APL has all Domestic players because they are developing they national team. Why do u think about this thinking of mine.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Striker said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 ;

lol most if not all the names you just said arent even indian players, personally yes foreign help would be nice but not in the game maybe with external business but i like the fact that the APL has all Domestic players because they are developing they national team. Why do u think about this thinking of mine.

I hope you know what club football means :)

• dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points

wasn't the draw for challenge cup set for today???