AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• StrikerStriker 107 Points

all i can say to you arsenalkid700 is that you think too hard, try thinking with your heart.be skeptical sometimes its not always about numbers. and yes i would rather afghanistan have passion than all the other things you listed we need for the AFC Cup

• > Striker said:
    > all i can say to you arsenalkid700 is that you think too hard, try thinking with your heart.be skeptical sometimes its not always about numbers. and yes i would rather afghanistan have passion than all the other things you listed we need for the AFC Cup

Na, just realistic.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

arsenalkid is being realistic yet being very favourable to the APL..matter of fact is whats been said already is a must for a league and nation to progress such as longer, season, youth development, investment into facilities and long term vision into coach and player development. ofcourse once afghanistan returns to normality things will pick up..its good to see media houses taking interest and putting money into league..next step would be to retain those investors, auction out the teams and take part in afc president cup.. all this helps afghanistan national team a great deal.. just to state once again..in saff region there is no competition to I-league..end off. doesnt matter who uses local or foreign players..everything about the league is few notches ahead others n closest 2nd would be the maldives league..n they only participate in afc cup..

can we now get back to topic?

what the hell happened to the draw that was suppose to take place? afc so lazy that they didnt bother to announce if it was delayed..
  • They are probably still in the process of selecting a host nation. 

• host nation for qualifiers and host nation for AFC challenge.

this is crazy...the divide being created by afc for the protection of the elite teams is getting too much..suddenly challenge cup is being made out to be something of a world cup for the lowest 20teams in asia..the event isnt bad it should happen but maybe like in 2006..all teams should come at 1 venue and play..with not asia cup spot at stake..but asian cup qlfrs should allow all teams..

• > Shah476 said:
    > this is crazy...the divide being created by afc for the protection of the elite teams is getting too much..suddenly challenge cup is being made out to be something of a world cup for the lowest 20teams in asia..the event isnt bad it should happen but maybe like in 2006..all teams should come at 1 venue and play..with not asia cup spot at stake..but asian cup qlfrs should allow all teams..

I dont understand your post but let me try to simplify it. The AFC dont care about the bottom 20. The AFC only cares about the elite teams. All teams should be in the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers.

Now let me ask why. Why should all the teams be allowed in the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers. If you are going to play in the AFC Challenge Cup then why do you need to play in the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers? Its either one or the other.
  • AFC challenge cup is a sincere effort to popularise the game in Central Asia, South Asia and South East  Asia by giving some teams an opportunity to play in Asia Cup becoz these teams will never qualify thru usual qualification process. Atleast two countries qualify thru this way although I hope North Korea can qualify on its own merit. They dont need to play in AFC challenge.

munna north korea has already taken this years spot..

arsenalkid..im saying do both if you want to give the lower ranked team more exposure and games and maybe generation of income but dont put a place of 1 spot between 20countries whereas 15 qualify out of the other 26..is that fair?
    as far as having both..why not? in africa they have Cup of Nations and than CHAN..which is for the home based players of african countries providing them exposure and competition..

i think what bangladesh did in 2006 by hosting the event, such format can be used by countries to host the event in order to develop stadiums, promote tourism and ofcourse promote the game in their country..however a qualification process to get there and then putting just 1 spot up for grabs for asia cup is not fair..then again what is in sport i guess..
  • What does the CHAN do? I know the format but how has it really helped the smaller nations. You do not get anything from it and it does not help in FIFA points. Teams like Japan and South Korea will bring "A" teams who, even if we beat them, wont help our ranking and winning the damn thing wont get us into the Asian Cup. We would have to go through the qualifiers which we all know we would NEVER get out of. It wont help smaller nations. The only way these smaller nations like Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan can ever do so is through money. You can have them playing every single day and in the end we would still lose 6-0 to Japan or 6-0 to Australia. 

That is why we have the AFC Challenge Cup. Its for undeveloped footballing nations. Dont ever expect Pakistan to ever make the AFC Asian Cup through the qualifiers, at least in the next 10 years. It did not happen before the AFC Challenge Cup started in 2006 and it will not happen after.