AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

thats what i posted earlier however still no news on afc website..tweeted them couple of times too but nothing..

• StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited October 2012

> rudra said:
    > > Striker said:
    > > @Arsenalkid700 ;

lol most if not all the names you just said arent even indian players, personally yes foreign help would be nice but not in the game maybe with external business but i like the fact that the APL has all Domestic players because they are developing they national team. Why do u think about this thinking of mine.

I hope you know what club football means :)

>
    > i know what club football means i just dont like the idea of it and would rather it be something to raise national team players. Just look at Irans Sepahan Isfahan FC, the only have 3 foreign players and they are rarely played, the teams success wouldn't change with out those players. but by the way Arsenalkid700 made it seem Dempo S.C would be a whole different team without those foreign players

• Well Dempo SC rarely play with all 4 foreigners. Rohan Ricketts has been less than incredible since his arrival, Koko is back to his old "Sub on at 65 minutes" role, and Ofei has not even made the bench (and he is a former Ghana international). Dempo SC without foreigners would be the same team only with less fire power up front which right now Ryugi supplies. But then again, Romeo Fernandes and Joaquim Abranches want to prove the world wrong.

If they wouldnt make such a difference why would u pick them over all the other indian players u could have picked

• > Striker said:
    > If they wouldnt make such a difference why would u pick them over all the other indian players u could have picked

Your missing the point. The point is that you could even put the under-20 squad for Dempo against the top APL club and even they would win 1-0 or 2-1. You guys are not there yet.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

It is AFC Challenge Cup thread. Please stick to the topic

• > nameWTHeld said:
    > It is AFC Challenge Cup thread. Please stick to the topic

If you think about it we are analyzing Afghanistan's chances of qualification of the ACC.

@nameWTHeld,Yeah i agree with Arsenalkid700

Yeah the APL's best team probably cant even beat the Dempo Under20 
    I see and your right the APL needs a few more years but us afghans are fast learners and very passionate about soccer so i would say 3 more year and we will be in the AFC Cup and 7-8 years from now we will be in the AFC Champions League.
    Thanks Arsenalkid700 for helping me see a different point of view on the APL.
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

@nameWTHeld,Yeah i agree with Arsenalkid700

I see and your right the APL needs a few more years but us afghans are fast learners and very passionate about soccer so i would say 3 more year and we will be in the AFC Cup and 7-8 years from now we will be in the AFC Champions League.

Good understanding

:) :)>-

• > Striker said:
    > @nameWTHeld,Yeah i agree with Arsenalkid700

Well that really depends now on funding and sponsorships. Also you guys need to spread the league out... 1 stadium. The clubs/league/federation all need to really push hard to get ahead. Does not matter how much passion you guys have or ability to learn... Nepal is an example. 

For you guys to get anywhere near say the AFC Cup you will need the following (this is based on what the predicted AFC Cup Criteria will be in 3 years). At least 10 teams, 4 stadiums. A youth league. 6-month season. Matches on TV. 4-star hotels. Sponsorships and many many other things.

Not getting hopes down as I myself have lots of hope that the APL can make Afghanistan a huge nation but how long was the J.League around before Japan became a top 20 power? South Korea? Australia? The USA?