AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> Shah476 said:
    > Thanks.. appreciated..n i understand ur argument too... but to see even iran opt for it i think its good for NT.. n they have one of the best leagues in asia.

Oh. I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not fully against the idea of using foreign born players. Look at the United States national team. We have a few German born players due to there American background.

As long as the foreign-born player has the blood of the country they represent then I dont care. Qatar on the other hand... well, some people can go on the wiki page for the 2012-13 Qatari Stars League and see that a Qatari is the top scorer. Thing is though, he is not Qatari... Argentinian born.

As for when I dont like it in tournaments. Just the Challenge Cup. The Challenge Cup was created for developmental countries. To reward the countries that actually try to make a difference in their domestic game. 

Say for example, the Philippines. If they win the Challenge Cup, I wont be happy at all because most of those players were born in another country. Yes, they have the blood of a Filipino but that is not what the Challenge Cup was created for. If you think that foreigners will help your country that much then please... play in the actual qualifiers and leave the Challenge Cup to the countries that are actually working to develop players within their country.

Its not fair really. Winning the Challenge Cup should mean that the winner has done a lot to ensure improvement with their football, not take the cheap root and get foreigners. Again, if you want to do that then please, play in the qualifiers.

And again, using Philippines. I dont mind them using blood-foreigners in other competitions. Just the Challenge Cup I feel should be exclusive to only those born within the country OR who have played in the country for a long time. Example, Younghusband is fine in my eyes for the Filipinos but Ángel Guirado is not.

If the purpose was to make the Challenge Cup for "developing" nations then I feel that the AFC should make sure to enforce that law.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Acclimatising fast is very important: Koevermans

http://www.barefootmag.in/2013/02/27/3599/

Kyrgyzstan announced squad for 2014 AFC Challenge Cup Qualification Round..!

Goalkeepers: Ruslan Janybekov, Maksim Agapov, Vladislav Volkov, Paul Matyas (all – “Dordoi”).

Defenders: Valery Kitchin, Talent Samsaliev, Davron Askarov, Farukh Abitov, Adil Bekbolotov Marat Adzhiniyazov (all – “Dordoi”), Arthur Muladzhanov (“Alga”), Azamat Baimatov (“Okzhetpes”, Kazakhstan).

Midfielders: Izrailov Karim Aziz Sydykov (both – “Abdysh Ata”) Tursunali Rustamov Ruslan Sydykov, Vadim Kharchenko, Islam Shamshiev (all – “Dordoi” ), Mack Kum (without a club).

Forwards: Kayumzhan Sharipov, David Tette, MirlanMurzaev (all – “Dordoi”), Ildar Amirov (“Abdysh Ata”).

They r in Group-B along with Pakistan,Tajiki stan and Macau..
    This group's all matches will be played in Kyrgyzstan

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Getting bit tougher for us... one of our uk player had to withdraw..personally i'd say tht impacts our chance by 5-10%...

Guam has announced their final 22 men squad for 2014 AFC Challenge Cup Qualification Round...

GK- Douglas Herrick(Seattle Sounders FC U-23,USA), Dallas Jaye(United States University of South Florida)

DF- Dominic Gadia(Guam Cars Plus,Guam), Mark Chargualaf(Table 35 Espada,Guam), Scott Leon Guerrero(Quality Distributors,Guam), Micah Paulino(Niagara University,USA), Christian Schweizer(Table 35 Espada,Guam), Jonahan Romero(Philippines Kaya FC,Philipine), Shawn Nicklaw(Denmark HB Køge,Denmark)

MF- Jason Cunliffe (captain), Ian Mariano(both frm Pachanga FC,Philipine), Dylan Naputi, Thaddeus Atalig(both from Table 35 Espada,Guam), Ian Adamos(SoCal Elite,USA), Marcus Lopez(Guam Shipyard,Guam), Ryan Guy(New England Revolution,USA) , Travis Nicklaw(San Diego State University,USA) , John Matkin(USFC,India)

FW- Zachary DeVille(Califor nia State University, Northridge,USA) , Sean Navarro, David Nussbaum, Jorge Valenzo.

Interesting Fact is GFA(Guam Football Assosiation) has given their citizenship to UNITED SIKKIM FC's American-Mexica­n origin Midfielder John Matkin..

Guam selected Thailand for their preparation Camp. There they played a match against Samut Prakan Customs United F.C.(Thai 2nd div club) and the match was ended 1-1. John Landa scored for them.

• Man Seriously,I fail to understand why Dika is not playing for India,forget about the making the list of 23 players.He is the only player in the Indian team who seems to have all the attributes required for his position.(Left Midfielder) Speed,Skill,Agility,Shot Power,Shot Accuracy,Balance i mean what else is required????I know Defending might be a problem but try explaining me that Clifford is a better defender then him and is close to him in all the other attributes.I mean Dika is one of  the few genuine European Legue player India have at this point of time.