AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points

> souravindia said:
    >
    Success of WIFA model is there to see in the rankings of its member countries...No need to see anything else

WIFA = Western Indian Football Association Which country is under WIFA?? o.O #FAIL

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

He meant UEFA most certainly

• If he meant UEFA then I am dropping out of this discussion. I am experienced enough when it comes to MLS discussions with UEFA fan boys to know when to stop. I know where this is going.

I can give you all I can in terms of history and current information but in the end it is UEFA and UEFA only. Its the same when I am in a pro/rel discussion on MLS forums. The Euro fan boys will keep it up and eventually it gets personal. Best to drop out before that happens.
  • Well actually i meant UEFA..my mistake..but whatever it is they do have very successfull model..Ranking increases when u play good teams often..if u look at Indias past years, they have hardly managed to play a good no of games in AFC level competitions and thats because in most cases till date it has been playoffs for lower based teams..You can check the world cup qualifyiers that India has aprticipated in..And no matter how many games u play AFC level competitions willhave 2.5 times the ranking points..and that explains why India is reeling under 150..& that is why i hate this model pf playoffs before actual qualifiers...u remember last world cup qualifiers against UAE dont you...

• RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    "Brandon will Play For India at AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers,I Talked with AIFF and I can assure You all,He is ready To play For India"- ROB Baan.

From FB

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Is tht a good move ronny?

Not at all..the kid is only 18..even if he is very talented then atleast he shud have played the u-22 qualifiers first..exposing him to senior team may burden him with too many expectations..even Alwyn George is unable to find a place in the starting lineup..OR maybe these guys want to make sure he atleast plays a game for India or is in the camp so maybe later he doesnt start playing somewhere else

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points

if u look at Indian midfield especially performance of francis fernandes behind chettri i think this may not be bad choice ...as far as i heard abt Brandon he is good in tht position

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Hmmm i agree the expectations will be too much n myb baan wants to cash in on the media exposure hes getting. However getting him into the team in the finals in 2014 would be good option.

But he is too young!!