• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    He won by 33 to 1 vote, Bhutia got 1 vote from Haryana FA
    Hope he corrects mistakes in current contract with rel
    gaffertape
  • He won by 33 to 1 vote, Bhutia got 1 vote from Haryana FA
    That one vote too must be by mistake 
    giridharanDeb_Bangoalkeeparashindiagaffertape
    Bhaichung Bhutia, IM Vijayan, Shabbir Ali, Climax Lawrence, Pinky Bompal Magar and Thongam Tababi Devi are the six co-opted Eminent Players in the AIFF executive committee. #IndianFootball

ashindiashakkeerKMsouravindiakartik91
    Kalyan Chaubey  : "I want to involve all eminent footballers to work on the different challenges Indian football is facing today, and to realise dreams of the respective states. After 100 days, we plan to unveil the roadmap for Indian Football and take the next step."
    giridharanindian_goonerkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    Let's see whether he walks the talk

We have seen many such plans, master plans (like "Lakshya"), roadmaps before!!
    munna219777ashindiagiridharansouravindiaindian_goonergaffertapekartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    Kalyan Chaubey, AIFF president  : "We will not come before you to sell dreams. We will not say that we have established so many academies and we will play in the FIFA World Cup in eight years."

https://twitter.com/90ndstoppage

That's sensible!!
    munna219777ashindiagiridharanEastBengalPrideDeb_Bansouravindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    deepu said:
    Sure if he can get Adanis or Tatas to bid for marketing rights of AIFF in 2025. AIFF has no power if its a single bidder situation. 
    giridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    Kalyan Chaubey, AIFF president  : "We will not come before you to sell dreams. We will not say that we have established so many academies and we will play in the FIFA World Cup in eight years."

https://twitter.com/90ndstoppage

That's sensible!!
    I really hope he means it. Even if AIFF doesn't do more on academy. The following will be the least they could start to do. I am not even thinking about basic things needed like infrastructure. We should try to build a strong foundation based on what we have.

1. If AIFF helps organize an extended baby league and youth league across the calendar year or at least 7 months. Improvement will happen by itself. 
    2. Ensure there will be viable replacements if Star backs out. This can happen any moment and kill the league. The conflict of interest is very poor. ISL should diversify. We need to reach a concrete alternative here for the long run.
    3. Weed out the money pumped into state association which does not hold any league. There is no point in counting them in at any level. Fund only if they organize. This is the simplest of all.
    4. Have more visibility for state league winners to grant entry into I-league 2. Chances of finding more local talent, or even creating that visibility is super important. Just as an example, even though the army team is amateur/semi pro level there is one or two who can eventually play in any of these lower leagues.
    5. Invest more in coaching/refereeing. This update has to happen or all these above might not give the desired results. Investing in coaching is the cheapest option of all. 
    6. Appoint a really good high profile Head of youth coach/technical director under whom  U-15 to U-21 should be integrated. It's fair to expect Stimac to manage U-23. But it is totally unrealistic for any head coach to monitor all below U-20 level. Right now Venkatesh is the bridge to assess/integrate players to senior level. I think an established coach with proven results should work with all coaches throughout the year. Even if it means helping the academies of ISL/I-League clubs.
    7. Unlike the previous management, Don't half cook do the club certification. Give an extended deadline of 2 years for once and if the club does not do a bare minimum for licensing. It is ok to remove the club. Our major problem is having clubs which come over and leave in 2 seasons. Sustainability is the Key in the future.
    8. Financially, we have all clubs in ISL as privately owned. I think having a minority  amount of shares available for public will help clubs with more fanbase like Kerala, MB, EB and others to generate more income/interest from the public. Traditionally clubs with so much of followers have some form of public investment options. Encourage clubs to establish this.

shakkeerKMRonnygoalkeeparsouravindiaashindiamunna219777indian_goonerkartik91
    deepu said:
    Sure if he can get Adanis or Tatas to bid for marketing rights of AIFF in 2025. AIFF has no power if its a single bidder situation. 
    How will he do that? The contract is signed up till 2040 with rel/fsdl