Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    That bike silencer can't be compared to pure silver, elegently designed federation Cup trophy
    giridharan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Why do we keep going back to the past? Call it whatever, Federation Cup or Super Cup or Chaubey Ji Memorial Tournament, unless the format is like English FA Cup and is run concurrently with ISL and iLeague involving clubs from all 3 divisions and gives the winner the AFC Cup slot, its useless!
    gaffertapesouravindiagoalkeepardeepak dedhaindian_goonerkartik91gopiajeeshdev_pfcatuljg
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Indian football will not improve unless State Federations are improved and incentivised to conduct professional, 6-7 month long state leagues cobtaining atleast 20 odd teams. AIFF cannot do much even if it has good intentions unless the change happens at state and district levels.

We need good, responsible State Associations which can conduct local district level leagues and teams promoted from them should be made to play pan state leagues of long duration (not those 20 day sham leagues which some state associations indulge in at the eleventh hour just to ensure that one team from state goes to I-League 2). Teams topping the respective State Leagues should be included in I-League 2 alongwith those corporate clubs like Rajasthan FC etc which made direct entry to league 2. And we need a pan India I-league 2 which runs concurrently alongwith I-League and ISL for 6-7 months. There are 33 Dtates and UTs - 1 team from each of them plus the corporate direct entries should make up a group of atleast 37-38 teams. This can be divided into 2 leagues of 18 teams each (Like in USA). Top teams from these two leagues can be promoted to I-League.

In short, we need better, longer and regular state leagues, a longer I-League 2 with more teams, and a kickass I-League with atleast 20 teams. Only then i dian football improve.
    goalkeeparDeb_Banindian_goonerEastBengalPride
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    It is easy to blame State/District Associations. But from where, they will get funds to organize 6-7 months league.

On top of it, most of the current generation are interested in online/mobile/indoor games.

Instead of deviating funds/infrastructure to all state associations, it is better to encourage football rich/developing states/U.T. But even in these states, development should be from grassroots to senior teams.

We should have at-least target 300+ kids competing for U-16 NT and 150+ for U-19 NT and 80+ for U-23 NT & minimum 40 players should be good for National Team. Atleast 2 best players for each position available for NT.

In this way, we will better in AFC National & Club competitions which will eventually grab attention from Youth, Parents, Schools, Corporate, Central & State Govt attentions and funding/infrastructure will be improved.
    deepak dedhaDeb_Bangoalkeepargiridharanindian_goonerEastBengalPride
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Few people from Bengal & Goa doesn't understand the football/sports related problems of states like Andhra Pradesh. Hence, for them my comment is funny & lol 😆 😜 
    Ronnyashindiadev_pfc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    BREAKING: Implementation of the AFC-approved roadmap for #IndianFootball is set to be delayed by 2 years. Promotion of I-League champions to ISL is likely to start after 2 years from now & relegation from ISL after 4 years from now, AIFF President Kalyan has agreed to the proposal of FSDL.

- reported by Dulal Dey of @SangbadPratidin

• samsam 16430 Points
    BREAKING: Implementation of the AFC-approved roadmap for #IndianFootball is set to be delayed by 2 years. Promotion of I-League champions to ISL is likely to start after 2 years from now & relegation from ISL after 4 years from now, AIFF President Kalyan has agreed to the proposal of FSDL.

- reported by Dulal Dey of @SangbadPratidin

deepak dedhaDeb_Bansouravindiamunna219777Ronnykartik91ashindiaindian_goonerathi_bheekaran
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    AIFF will publish the news in January after iLeague starts. FSDL has said they will stop all funding immediately and sue AIFF is any kind of roadmap is implemented. iLeague teams will have to pay to play ISL and no promotions would ever be allowed. Also FSDL will be the sole entity to decide which team and when they can be allowed in. No relegations will happen for ISL teams. 
    goalkeepar
  • AIFF will publish the news in January after iLeague starts. FSDL has said they will stop all funding immediately and sue AIFF is any kind of roadmap is implemented. iLeague teams will have to pay to play ISL and no promotions would ever be allowed. Also FSDL will be the sole entity to decide which team and when they can be allowed in. No relegations will happen for ISL teams. 
    Is this true. From where you got this news

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited September 2022

Probables list of 24 announced for Vietnam and Singapore, A player will mostly be dropped to make it 23 man squad, but its not mentioned specifically.

Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem and Amrinder Singh.

Defenders: Sandesh Jhingan, Roshan Singh Naorem, Anwar Ali, Akash Mishra, Chinglensana Singh Konsham, Harmanjot Singh Khabra and Narender.

Midfielders: Liston Colaco, Muhammed Ashique Kuruniyan, Deepak Tangri, Udanta Singh Kumam, Anirudh Thapa, Brandon Fernandes, Yasir Mohammad, Jeakson Singh Thounaojam, Sahal Abdul Samad, Rahul Kannoly Praveen, Lallianzuala Chhangte and Vikram Pratap Singh.

Forwards: Sunil Chhetri and Ishan Pandita.

Notable absentees: Manvir, Subhashish, Kotal.

Apuia, Bheke, Suresh, Prabhsukhan, Rahim Ali  miss out due injuries.

https://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/discussion/108/indian-football-news-updates#latest

ashindiamunna219777indian_gooner