Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1100 Points
    What is the Meaning of Inter  ?? Internazionale ??
  • samsam 16526 Points
    When Sanjib Goenka was asked a similar question about ATK after ATM left, he said it means Amar Tomar Kolkata
    giridharansouravindiaDeb_Banindian_goonerEastBengalPrideatuljg
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points
    These allegations will surmount because they are doing good work and becoming popular amongst Indians. Its simple. Pratul will still have influence on a lot of State officials, so these will come again and again. Best is to give it to independent agency and do audits
    NagendraDeb_Banindian_goonerRonnysam
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Shaji has clarified these over an interview publicly now
    souravindiadreamergiridharan
  • samsam 16526 Points
    These allegations will surmount because they are doing good work and becoming popular amongst Indians. Its simple. Pratul will still have influence on a lot of State officials, so these will come again and again. Best is to give it to independent agency and do audits
    Actually, yes, Kalyan and Shaji are doing a better job than the Praful gang.
    Deb_Banindian_goonerPassigiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30179 Points
    Let us hold our horses...

They (AIFF, Kalyan Chaubey) have made some good initiatives, but I have found some of their decisions and comments--discontinuing the participation of Indian arrows in the I-league, holding the Santosh Ttophy in Saudi Arabia, their prioritising the ISL over the I-League--questionable! 

Hope for the best!
    deepak dedhaashindiagiridharan
    AIFF Executive Committee inducts five new clubs into Hero I-League, Federation Cup restored

Five entities had placed their respective bids for corporate entries into the Hero I-League – YMS Finance Pvt Ltd (Varanasi, UP), Namdhari Seeds Pvt Ltd (Bhaini Sahib Village, Punjab), Nimida United Sports Development Pvt Ltd (Bengaluru, Karnataka), Concatenate Advest Advisory Pvt Ltd (Delhi), and Bunkerhill Pvt Ltd (Ambala, Haryana). The Executive Committee, in its first order of the day, decided to accommodate all five bidders into the Hero I-League, with the vision of expanding the competition to a stronger league.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

The Committee, in line with AIFF’s long-term plan, Vision 2047, felt it would be prudent to revive a legacy competition like the Federation Cup. To that extent, it decided that the Federation Cup will be the premier cup competition in India from the 2023-24 season onwards.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/aiff-executive-committee-inducts-five-new-clubs-into-hero-i-league-federation-cup-restored

PassisouravindiaashindiaDeb_Banindian_gooneratuljg

Bunkerhill Private Limited, who has bid from Ambala, Haryana, has an agreement in place with Mohammedan Sporting Club.

Should they continute to retain their association with the Kolkata-based club, then they would withdraw from their bid, leading to four news team in the 2023-24 I-League. Bunkerhill have sought majority stakes in their joint venture with Mohammedan and will have a month to decide what to do with their bid.

“Mohammedan are expected to sign on the new terms and conditons. Will take a call after that,” Bunkerhill director Deepak Singh had told News9 Sports a few days earlier.

“Since all the five teams have passed the requisite criteria, have sufficient bank balance and have shown genuine intent to invest in Indian football, we thought they shouldn’t be denied the chance,” the official said, adding that “if Bunkerhill withdraws, then four teams will be added”.

With I-League champions Punjab FC getting promoted to the top-tier Indian Super League (ISL) and the bottom two teams – Kenkre FC and Sudeva FC – getting relegated, the league will have nine existing teams.

Two promoted teams – Shillong Lajong and Delhi FC – from I-League II and at least four teams (in case of Bunkerhill’s likely withdrawal) would make the I-League a 15-team affair next season.

More teams would increase the operational cost of conducting the I-League, thus the AIFF is exploring the option of diving it into two or three zones, akin to a conference system in USA.

The number of matches would remain the same and after an initial stage, the top two teams would compete for the top honours.

This move is mulled to make the league “more lively” and to keep the expenses “in check”.

“The aim is to make the tournament more competitive,” he informed, adding the proposal is only at a discussion stage.

https://www.news9live.com/sports/football/in-its-executive-commitee-meeting-aiff-appoint-deputy-to-general-secy-shaji-prabhakaran-2199864

PassiDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • samsam 16526 Points
    AIFF Executive Committee inducts five new clubs into Hero I-League, Federation Cup restored
    03 Jul 2023

AIFF Media Team

BENGALURU: The All India Football Federation’s Executive Committee met in Bengaluru, with President Mr Kalyan Chaubey presiding over the meeting on Monday, July 3, 2023.

In attendance were Vice President Mr NA Haris, Treasurer Mr Kipa Ajay, Secretary General Dr Shaji Prabhakaran, along with Executive Committee Members Mr Lalnghinglova Hmar, Mr Deepak Sharma, Mr Menla Ethenpa, Mr GP Palguna, Mr Vijay Bali, Mr Syed Husain Ali Naqvi, Mr K Neibou Sekhose, Mr Avijit Paul, Mr Anilkumar P, Ms Valanka Natasha Alemao, Mr Maloji Raje Chhatrapati, Mr Mohan Lal, Mr Syed Imtiaz Hussain, and Mr Arif Ali. Eminent Player Members Ms Thongam Tababi Devi, Ms Pinky Bompal Magar, Mr Shabbir Ali, Mr IM Vijayan, Mr Bhaichung Bhutia, and Mr Climax Lawrence, were present. Special invitees Mr Satyanarayan M, Hon’ble General Secretary, Karnataka State Football Association, and Mr Mulrajsinh Chudasama, Hon’ble General Secretary, Gujarat State Football Association were present.

AIFF President Mr Kalyan Chaubey said in his opening address, “This Executive Committee meeting is being held on a day when the Indian Senior Men's National Team is preparing to battle it out against Kuwait in the final of the SAFF Championship tomorrow. Despite two teams from outside the SAFF region, who are regarded as considerably stronger sides, playing in the current SAFF Championship, India made the final and are going for the 9th title. This is ample testimony of India's growing footballing strength. Having reached the FIFA Ranking of 100 after winning back-to-back tournaments in Imphal and Bhubaneswar, it is proved that Indian Football is moving in the right direction. I congratulate the entire Executive Committee on putting up a great effort in taking the correct path for achieving our ultimate goal.”

He further stated, “The biggest strength of this Executive Committee is their complete faith in running the game in the country in the most democratic manner. Perhaps, never before has the Federation been run with so much inner democracy, where everybody has the right to air their views and opinions.”

Five entities had placed their respective bids for corporate entries into the Hero I-League – YMS Finance Pvt Ltd (Varanasi, UP), Namdhari Seeds Pvt Ltd (Bhaini Sahib Village, Punjab), Nimida United Sports Development Pvt Ltd (Bengaluru, Karnataka), Concatenate Advest Advisory Pvt Ltd (Delhi), and Bunkerhill Pvt Ltd (Ambala, Haryana). The Executive Committee, in its first order of the day, decided to accommodate all five bidders into the Hero I-League, with the vision of expanding the competition to a stronger league.

The Committee, in line with AIFF’s long-term plan, Vision 2047, felt it would be prudent to revive a legacy competition like the Federation Cup. To that extent, it decided that the Federation Cup will be the premier cup competition in India from the 2023-24 season onwards.

KSFA General Secretary Mr Satyanarayan M was, upon the proposal of Mr Chaubey, appointed by the Committee as the new Deputy Secretary General of the All India Football Federation.

AIFF Secretary General Dr Shaji Prabhakaran said, after the conclusion of the Committee’s meeting, “It is extremely encouraging to see all the Executive Committee members taking part in all the decisions today. We had open discussions on Indian Football agendas, especially the decision to inculcate five new clubs into the Hero I-League, which is historic. I am thankful to the League Committee and the Executive Committee for this. Also, I congratulate Satyanarayan for being appointed Deputy Secretary General, which will add to the strength of the AIFF in delivering and improving secretariat decisions.”

SukunPassigiridharandeepu