I-League 2012 -13 Round 10 features Battle of northeast

Comments

• Those of you, who are accusing MB for pulling out of the match, need to understand the following perspectives: 

1. A player getting injured dangerously (b'coz of crowd unrest) is a clear indication of lack of adequate security - FIFA is extremely strict on these things and intl matches/friendlies are called off b'coz of this.
     2. It was EB's home match and they ought to have taken proper security measures , which they haven't. Last year MB had organised one of the derbies and going by Indian standards, it was excellent. Normally in India,u wud see policemen faces the ground watching on field action(like it was today, while when MB had orgainsed the security measures were just like u see in World Football. Unfortunately EB didnt give much importance to this. I hears Swapan Bol's(a Sr. EB official - and extremely committed) interview in one of the news channel a while ago and he was extremely tentative in his comments abt security and was trying to put the blame on govt. police. FIFA rule ONLY talks abt the home team being responsible for everything - player's security paramount amongst all. Also Swapan Bol should have been more courteous and not sounded so arrogant. This is a beautiful game and officials' roles play a significant role. But thats how EB has been - rough/non repentive and always raising their voice.....they need to respect the game and the players.
     3. There is no way MB can be banned - if MB approaches AFC and FIFA with the video recording of the match and Nabi's report (he was being hit by a concrete stone weighing approx 2.5 kg), then its EB who wud be in for trouble.
    4. Sunanda Dhar - he is only the CEO of I - League committee. That fucker isin't even aware of the FIFA rules. The way he was doing the press conference, anybody cud make out that he was representing a club(here EB) and not talking as an AIFF member. The bugger uses the term "we need to decide on the fate of MB" (what a joke) - take it from me - Sunanda Dhar's great grandfather also cannot decide the fate of a heritage club like MB. 
    5. Last but not the least - he was a bundle of nerve throughout the match. He being given the responsibility to officiate clearly spells nexus abt EB/AIFF - we have seen the EB vs Dempo match and all of us know what happened. This joker was purposely giving set pieces(meaning freekick)near about MB's penalty box/ not applying advantage rule and lastly all of us have seen how he sort of killed the game by flashing the red card to Odafa. 
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

One question to @Soccerlover if mb was 1 or 2 goals ahead whould they have stil abondend the match?

• > Joyptan said:
    > One question to @Soccerlover if mb was 1 or 2 goals ahead whould they have stil abondend the match?

@ Joy : if any of their player(s) were seriously injured, MB definitely have pulled off. I think all of us have heard what happened on 16th Aug 80, and as soccer followers, am sure none of us wud like a repeatation of that. Wht do u say?
  • > rudra said:
    > Security threat! Check out this -

It does beg the question: "Would this match have been more safer if the security was positioned better?"

I say no because they would have acted the same way.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points

Feel sad for Nabi
    actually and this was the first i league match i watched seriously for the first time

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    edited December 2012

> Soccerlover
    > Those of you, who are accusing MB for pulling out of the match, need to understand the following perspectives: 

1. A player getting injured dangerously (b'coz of crowd unrest) is a clear indication of lack of adequate security - FIFA is extremely strict on these things and intl matches/friendlies are called off b'coz of this.
     2. It was EB's home match and they ought to have taken proper security measures , which they haven't. Last year MB had organised one of the derbies and going by Indian standards, it was excellent. Normally in India,u wud see policemen faces the ground watching on field action(like it was today, while when MB had orgainsed the security measures were just like u see in World Football. Unfortunately EB didnt give much importance to this. I hears Swapan Bol's(a Sr. EB official - and extremely committed) interview in one of the news channel a while ago and he was extremely tentative in his comments abt security and was trying to put the blame on govt. police. FIFA rule ONLY talks abt the home team being responsible for everything - player's security paramount amongst all. Also Swapan Bol should have been more courteous and not sounded so arrogant. This is a beautiful game and officials' roles play a significant role. But thats how EB has been - rough/non repentive and always raising their voice.....they need to respect the game and the players.
     3. There is no way MB can be banned - if MB approaches AFC and FIFA with the video recording of the match and Nabi's report (he was being hit by a concrete stone weighing approx 2.5 kg), then its EB who wud be in for trouble.
    4. Sunanda Dhar - he is only the CEO of I - League committee. That fucker isin't even aware of the FIFA rules. The way he was doing the press conference, anybody cud make out that he was representing a club(here EB) and not talking as an AIFF member. The bugger uses the term "we need to decide on the fate of MB" (what a joke) - take it from me - Sunanda Dhar's great grandfather also cannot decide the fate of a heritage club like MB. 
    5. Last but not the least - he was a bundle of nerve throughout the match. He being given the responsibility to officiate clearly spells nexus abt EB/AIFF - we have seen the EB vs Dempo match and all of us know what happened. This joker was purposely giving set pieces(meaning freekick)near about MB's penalty box/ not applying advantage rule and lastly all of us have seen how he sort of killed the game by flashing the red card to Odafa.

I think you have just arrived from a different planet or a blind MB supporter.Though EB was the organiser they had to depend on the state gvt machinery (same is done by MB when they organise a match). It is not possible to provide a black cat commando for every viewer , so MB should withdraw their name showing lack of security.

I want to know what steps MB is going to take against Odafe who is the main culprit.

All the free kicks were accurate dicision. Only a blind MB supporter will think otherwise. Instead of referee, they should question the ability of their players. And why so much drama about Odafe? Is he beyond the game? Doesnt a player have any responsibility towards the game? Anjan Babu can speak about conspiracy and all but it was behaviour of his team which created the problem.

Odafe did it from his frustration. Their supporter did it after getting instigated by their players. The officials did it because they knew without Odafe-nabi there was more humiliation waiting for 10 men MB.

Last but not least, it is the match commissioner who would decide whether the condion is there to continue the game or not; not either of the participants. MB thought they would use the the security clause showing the stone pelting incident but they forgot it was the match commissioner who was supposed to make the ultimate decision.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Soccerlover Police had taken the control of crowd by the time the 2nd half should have started. Police had sarounded the hole mb side of the stadium. Mb just needed an excuse so that they don't suffer a big derby lose. It whould have made their fans mad.

And u r talking like anjan mitra.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

some fans were saying Nabi is now unconsious

• rudra
    some fans were saying Nabi is now unconsious

Are these fans close to Nabi or is it from what they are hearing?