I-League 2012 -13 Round 10 features Battle of northeast

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points

@ Joypan...actually the problem is unruly crowd (be it football or cricket) in Kolkata and attitudeof star players who think themselves above the law. In past Baichung assulted the referee but the poor guy didnt have the courage to bring out the card. We all complained him for being spineless. Today the referee did what is the rule (remember the SAFF final India ve Afghanistan match) and we are complaining that he was to strict. I saw the match in TV and I have no complain about refereeing especially in tradition to Indian standard. Only some jokers like MB officials are talking about it. Being honest none of the club or state authority has the machinary to take care of one lakh crowd if things go wrong. Only way is to allow only 40k people in the ground.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@sabir fifa refs rule book says that a ref should have in mind the crowd situation before giving a big decision, to prevent crowd violence.

• sabirsabir 46 Points

@ Joypan ....it doesnt mean the referee should turn a blind eye to the star players. With that logic referee has be biased to the home team every time (not in this case as Kolkata is home town for both teams) At the same time doesnt FIFA tell about fair play? Did Odafe follow that. Had he behaved properly we would have a full match. I should say Chowhan set an example for the referees that no player should be considered above law. Our supporters are like this- only good in abusing (opponent , referee and own players), throwing stones etc. If we have to bother about them we can play without a referee. The problem is lack of machinary to control such a big crowd.

• archakarchak 2082 Points

My Experience of this derby...

1. All 50 -50 decision going against MB..... Crowd Growing Impatient
    2. Direct RED CARD to ODAFA....... FANS Vented out(should have been a yellow)
    3. Missiles.... Fans used the concrete slabs present inside the stadium even breaking the edges of the stairs
    4. Missiles were thrown from the MB Stand behind the goal while police showed their authority to the stand beside them
    5. Many Fans got Injured by the Lathi Charge of police...... a kid's head was split open by the police...... Fans went ballistic in favour of the kid.....
    6. Police randomly hit anyone in the MB stand.... No exception to English men who were present in the MB stand.... One of them found his camera broken

archak said:

My Experience of this derby...

1. All 50 -50 decision going against MB..... Crowd Growing Impatient
    2. Direct RED CARD to ODAFA....... FANS Vented out(should have been a yellow)
    3. Missiles.... Fans used the concrete slabs present inside the stadium even breaking the edges of the stairs
    4. Missiles were thrown from the MB Stand behind the goal while police showed their authority to the stand beside them
    5. Many Fans got Injured by the Lathi Charge of police...... a kid's head was split open by the police...... Fans went ballistic in favour of the kid.....
    6. Police randomly hit anyone in the MB stand.... No exception to English men who were present in the MB stand.... One of them found his camera broken

4 no part i don't agree. Even that part of mb stand was involved in stone pelting.

• archakarchak 2082 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > >

>
    >
    > 4 no part i don't agree. Even that part of mb stand was involved in stone pelting.

they joined i nafter being charged by the police

For those who think that odafa's red card was bad because he didn't touched the ref.

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/75240_495967873781377_453428868_n.jpg

• sabirsabir 46 Points

@ Archak

dont agree with the 50-50 theory. Yesterday watched the match in TV . MB was bit rough to stop EB's passing game so committed more fouls. Even the incident which got a red card was a clear foul by Chetry who left the ball to give a shoulder push to Khabra.

It could be yellow card I agree but still you cant blame the referee with the excuse of crowd resentment. Already 2 yellow cards were shown to MB players for arguing with referee still their captain did the same more agressively. Kolkata crowd is always unrully; should we leave all rules of the game for that. If EB or MB play against a Goan side in Kolkata do you suggest referee should be biased to the local side the please the crowd.

Point 3...totally agree. Condition of the stadium is pathetic which proved to be supply for missiles.

Point 4 ....stone pelting at least that caught Nabi started from the MB block immediately behind the sideline near to where players were surrounding referee after the red card. If you throw a heavy slab from the stand behind goal it will not reach that spot.

Point 5  Police with horses could chase out larger mob in maidan without much casualties. But, yesterday police action showed that they lack the experience. They didnt have any strategy to identify the miscreants so when they charged it was generally the innocents who got the injuries.

Yesterday it happened with MB supporters as thing in field went wrong for them. But, it could happen with EB or MD sporting otherday as these two clubs also have large supporter bases (yes, they are also known for doing damage in any given day). We have to think whether we should allow such a big crowd to gather when we have no means to control them. Sale of tickets should be restricted to 40,000 and price should be raised.

I was shocked from the comments of some MB officials who were talking about conspiracy. There is no surprise after  seeing these jokers why the club is suffering so much for three seasons.

@Sabir " Kolkata crowd is always unrully" do we get any crowd outside of kolkata? so however they r they are the only crowd we get in indian football

• sabirsabir 46 Points

Outside Bengal you dont have such huge stadium. But you get decent crowd in north-east, Goa even in Delhi during national team match. You can say crowds are smaller in other places. But, dont forget, here in Maidan also we get smaller crowd in comparison to Yubabharati and there were several incidents in maidan earlier. Again you can take the example of cricket. Is there any ground more infamous than Eden in terms of mob violence ? You go to field regularly and you know how crowd react there. How often do you see crowd is cheering their team or praising a good move of their opponent. Most of the time they are busy in throwing abusive languages towards opponent or referee and very often towards their own players.