I-LEAGUE 2012 -13 Round 11

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > btw Dempo will still be at top according to head to head rule (@midlajj pointed that out to me)

According to goal.com and i-league.org      Churchill is at the top of the league based on goal difference.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
            Round 11 stats 

Goals - 22 ( Indians 10 : 12 Foreigenrs) (Home 11 : 11 Away)

Wins - 4 [Home 2 : 2 Away]

Draw - 2

Goal scorers - Indians - Joaquim Abranches(Dempo) ,Jeje , Arata(Both PFC) ,Souvik Chakrabarty(AI) ,Boithang Haokip(LAJONG) ,Bineesh Balan 3(CB) ,Joseph Pereira 2(SCG)

Foreigners - James Moga 2 ,Douhou Pierre(Both PFC) ,ND Opara(MFC) ,Ranti Martins(Proyag) ,Ogba Kalu ,Seiya Sugishita(Both SCG) ,Henry Antchouet 2 ,Beto 2 ,Akram Moghrabi(All CB)

Clean Sheet(S) - ONGC , Salgaocar ,MFC ,Proyag

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > btw Dempo will still be at top according to head to head rule (@midlajj pointed that out to me)
    >
    >

According to goal.com and i-league.org      Churchill is at the top of the league based on goal difference.

they just use a automated software which will put priority on GD...but I think the rule is h2h...but anyways doesnt  really matter its only round 11...another exciting league on cards...with teams like pune and prayag trying to catch its gonna great

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Do anybody remember a 10-1 scoreline. Who cares! 8 - 4 is the way to go now. :P

• I dont get why people are saying that Churchill Brothers will be champions. Yes they scored eight but they also conceded 4 and they scored against Sporting Goa which, from what I read here, obviously have a shit defense and goalkeeper. Churchill still need to work on a few things before they can be called champions.

East Bengal is still the front runner to me despite their defeat to Prayag. 2 goals conceded all season. They have also scored loads of goals (3 of which came against Churchill... in Goa) and so far the style of their play looks decent if you watch them. Also keep in mind that this is only their first loss of the season. After 10 games. That is pretty damn good.

Mark my words. East Bengal, at the moment, will be I-League champions.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited December 2012

> Domnic said:
    > Ten action has no idea what to telecast. When two.local teams play it is.bound to be good.

There was confusion over stadium-Fatorda or Tilak Maidan. As Ten Action have to plan in advance, due to confusion they are skipping Goa games. I think their next scheduled match for telecast is Churchill vs Mohun Bagan on 29th December.

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > I dont get why people are saying that Churchill Brothers will be champions. Yes they scored eight but they also conceded 4 and they scored against Sporting Goa which, from what I read here, obviously have a shit defense and goalkeeper. Churchill still need to work on a few things before they can be called champions.

East Bengal is still the front runner to me despite their defeat to Prayag. 2 goals conceded all season. They have also scored loads of goals (3 of which came against Churchill... in Goa) and so far the style of their play looks decent if you watch them. Also keep in mind that this is only their first loss of the season. After 10 games. That is pretty damn good.

Mark my words. AIR INDIA at the moment, will be relegated.

>
    >

Fixed it for you :D
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Arsenalkid700 said:
    I dont get why people are saying that Churchill Brothers will be champions. Yes they scored eight but they also conceded 4 and they scored against Sporting Goa which, from what I read here, obviously have a shit defense and goalkeeper. Churchill still need to work on a few things before they can be called champions.

Mark my words. East Bengal, at the moment, will be I-League champions.

Churchill has the second best defence in the league. The last two goals today scored by sporting were gifted at the end due to complacency

Yes, But there seems to be some internal problems.

• @Arsenalkid700 ;  Air India will not be relegated. Players in such teams are motivated becoz they are getting good opportunity to play as well as they eye better offers once they perform at Air India. Teams like Sporting Clube or Sikkim are more in danger of relegation. even Salgaocar.

• > munna21977 said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 ;  Air India will not be relegated. Players in such teams are motivated becoz they are getting good opportunity to play as well as they eye better offers once they perform at Air India. Teams like Sporting Clube or Sikkim are more in danger of relegation. even Salgaocar.

History says so but I doubt it this season. ONGC are as good as down and Air India... they had a good run of form but if Churchill Brothers want to be taken seriously as champions then they should defeat Air India next week.

As for Sporting and USFC. They will make a comeback... at least USFC will do. Salgaocar we all will do so. Sporting just need to find some organization and also Gerard D'Mello.