India vs Palestine International Football Friendly, 6th February 2013

Comments

• so .....kochi it is.... the organisers have to battle against time to make the playing pitch grassy and smooth.... after the india - england cricket game it will be hard (though not impossible)..... the best thing there is CROWD SUPPORT ....  if anybody watched today's game should know that the crowd noise will be deafening.... :-D  ... and people in kerala love football more than cricket.....  so i expect the 70000 capacity stadium to be almost completely filled up..... india's cricket game attracted around more than 60000.... hoping for the BEST...cheers

• also the venue was originally built as a 'football stadium'..... so the crowds will be a little closer to the main playing field ..... not like ambedkar, but definetly closer than stadiums with athletic tracks or for that matter even fatorda...... floodlights are working fine as well as telecast facilities are excellent .... a potential NEW HOME for indian football with good infrastructure and passionate crowd (few matches have been played here before too, but that was long time back :-P )

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > so .....kochi it is.... the organisers have to battle against time to make the playing pitch grassy and smooth.... after the india - england cricket game it will be hard (though not impossible)..... the best thing there is CROWD SUPPORT ....  if anybody watched today's game should know that the crowd noise will be deafening.... :-D  ... and people in kerala love football more than cricket.....  so i expect the 70000 capacity stadium to be almost completely filled up..... india's cricket game attracted around more than 60000.... hoping for the BEST...cheers

70000 to be filled up completely ?? I dont think so bro maybe upto 50k that too if its given good advertisement otherwise 20-30k minimum will come.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Thank God its in Kochi and not in New Delhi again!!

• @ash ....the aiff and organisers should just promote the match properly... today more than 60k turned up for a 12 pm start on a tuesday... the minimum tickets must have been starting from rs 300 onwards...... comparatively ind-palestine game will be played in the evening.... the tickets will be rs 30-50... and kerala is a football loving state.... this same stadium was half filled to catch a glimpse of maradona who came a little while ago (that too not for a exhibition game, just for promotion)... i am very optimistic about this one....i really hope the stadium gets filled.... hoping for the best...
    [-O<

• Kochi has seen crowd touching 1 lakh in Nehru Cup matches in 1995. Even  2004 world cup qualifier against Oman saw massive crowd in excess of 70000. I guess stadium has been renovated since then and capacity has reduced.
    Atleast 50 K will come. Good Decision.

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > @ash ....the aiff and organisers should just promote the match properly... today more than 60k turned up for a 12 pm start on a tuesday... the minimum tickets must have been starting from rs 300 onwards...... comparatively ind-palestine game will be played in the evening.... the tickets will be rs 30-50... and kerala is a football loving state.... this same stadium was half filled to catch a glimpse of maradona who came a little while ago (that too not for a exhibition game, just for promotion)... i am very optimistic about this one....i really hope the stadium gets filled.... hoping for the best...
    [-O<

Hope for the best definitely Kerala better than Delhi ,and I would just pray that there is Live telecast of the match.

Probables for this match should be out in coming week.

• Just have the match at the Municipal Stadium. That is a lot better for football in Kerala.

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Just have the match at the Municipal Stadium. That is a lot better for football in Kerala.

You mean Municipal Corporation Stadium, Calicut??? Yes but it also needs renovation. Thats stadium needs serious touch of paint and seats. Cochin stadium was renovated becoz of IPL and it is in much better shape. But yes fans are more in Calicut.