I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    said:
    Douhou i think is the only decent foreign signing for Pune. If they really want to get rid of some foreign players then it has to be Riga and James Meyer. Both these guys have underperformed. 

can agree for meyer but not for riga..riga is getting back in form...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited December 2013

I do wonder whether Pune would actually have some new signings or treat the ACL as an experience for the young squad they currently have
    Well they are in it so they might as well give it a go and CK Vineeth is only like 25 years old so it would not make much of a difference for them and their youth project.

Eric Brown is 23 years old. Get rid of Douhou Pierre and get Eric Brown and you have a better team.
    Douhou i think is the only decent foreign signing for Pune. If they really want to get rid of some foreign players then it has to be Riga and James Meyer. Both these guys have underperformed. 

Since when is five goals in nine matches considered underperforming? He has also contributed in other ways like his hold up play and ability to move the play forward. It just so happened that he played when Pune FC were at their worst. If Riga was here from September then he would have the same status as Angus.

James Meyer had a good two months but has fallen but I am guessing that is due to injury and the fact that this is kinda his first professional season where he is a regular at all. I would not mind getting rid of him.

Douhou Pierre just strikes me as a normal player... nothing big and if a guy like Eric Brown is all of a sudden available then I would definetly make the move to replace Douhou with Brown or perhaps Meyer for Brown.
  • Considering the number of opportunities Riga has had, 5 goals is very less. Riga has not been really creative upfront, Pune needs someone like Odafa who can create something out of nothing.

I would rather see Pune sign a guy like Lalkamal Bhowmick because more than the strikers its their mid field which is struggling.
    When has he not taken his chances. I dont watch all his matches but I seen most of his and really he gets few good chances, specially in the last few games where Pune have struggled. He gets into good positions and most of the time has to get back into midfield to get the ball and then turn and move forward.

For a guy who has not played professional football since like 2011-12 and who had not scored a professional goal since the 2007-08 season he has done well and is starting to find his feet. All he needs now is better service and I am sure he will bang more in.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Riga is shit anyway.
    Riga is shit anyway.
    Of course he is to you.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    Riga is no good for I league he will be good 2nd division
    Riga is no good for I league he will be good 2nd division
    And of course to you.

So, @Joyptan and @Goalkeeper, want to start this endless and ludicrous debate or will we not and just say that a guy who has barely played a game in years and who all of a sudden comes to India and does decent in terms of stats and game play is shit.

Your call.
    BTW, just looked at some Pune FC highlights again. For you "Bengaluru FC conspiracy" people you might want to check out the Pune FC 1-0 Bengaluru FC highlights and watch the Bengaluru FC penalty at the end which was obviously inside the net but not given, thus handing Bengaluru FC a loss. Hmmmm, strange, I thought that paying referees off would mean that all calls would go your way... I guess they just forgot to pay the referee that day.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2013
    Who cares if he played matches in years or not. He is here to perform , not to be match fit so that he can join some other club like Harnandes. He is in Pune FC to perform. If he performs then good , if he can't then he is shit and whatever I have seen of him he is shit to me.
This discussion has been closed.