IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    <br>
    samiam wrote: »
    samiam wrote: »
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Still waiting.....

<br><br>youth development more exposure to them plus they will actually get good income <br><br>btw that @sam is different user<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>What youth development? They are not making Academies? And for the young Indians it will basically be the same: Them against the same exact players from I-League.</div>

<br><br>just think whoever did nt get a chance to shine in i league will get exposure here<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Really? What exposure. You do know that the reporters and facebook guys are saying bullshit when they say that youth players never get chances, right? It is true. Churchill Brothers gave 3 players their debuts in January and they are the champions and most players were aged 22-28 for their championship season. East Bengal were youth heavy with Arnab Mondal, Sanju Pradhan, Lalrindika Ralte, Naoba Singh, Manandeep Singh, and Robin Singh, as well as Gurpreet Singh Sandhu getting plenty of minutes. Same with Pune FC who gave a debut to a 16-year old.</div><div><br></div><div>So I do not know what you mean with "<span style="font-size: 10pt;">did nt get a chance to shine in i league" because many youth players do get chances. The only ones that suffer really are forwards and that won't change in the IMG-League with foreigners probably dominating that as well.</span></div>

<br><br>what i mean by did nt get a chance to shine in i league are those who are not in i league.i am sure there is a state player out there who wants to make it big <br>
  • samsam 16445 Points
    @joyptan @<;a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/3834/ArsenalFan700"; style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(255, 0, 132); line-height: 22.09375px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">ArsenalFan700</a> I am sorry for my late reply. 
    <br>
    And you mean players who can be discovered in this league who are not in the I-League then think again. This is only 2-months long, how the hell can any FOOTBALLER (not cricket player or hockey player) impress the national team coach. Look at the example of the I-League this season. For the first two months it was all about Holicharan Narzary and Justin Stephen (real examples) but as the season progressed they regressed and we are went from thinking they were national team material to just normal players who had a hot streak.<div><br></div><div>Of course we may uncover a few gems but that is it. </div>

<br><br>i league had 200+ matches this season<br>if IMG is 2 months long i.e 60 days and if they play like ipl 2 matches a day =120 matches <br>i think those many matches are more than enough for even a noob to get minimum attention<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    2 matches a day would kill these players... specially old retired players.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    "if IMG is 2 months long i.e 60 days and if they play like ipl 2 matches a day =120 matches"

8 teams , 15 matches per team , 1 match in every 4 days. practical? then those players have to play 30 I-league matches add to that FED cup , IFA shield , local leagues.
    Another false rumor busted

Shah Rukh Khan has not been awarded the Kolkata franchise for the IPL style football.

http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2013/06/06/img-reliance-deny-selling-kolkata-football-team-to-shah-rukh-khan/
    "if IMG is 2 months long i.e 60 days and if they play like ipl 2 matches a day =120 matches"

8 teams , 15 matches per team , 1 match in every 4 days. practical? then those players have to play 30 I-league matches add to that FED cup , IFA shield , local leagues.

<br><br>dont worry they get paid enough for their hard work in the img league btw i league players were not allowed right so lesser exhaustion <br><br>and i doubt the i league players tell you if they are going for local/custom leagues <br>for these footballers its like they are children playing on playground and enjoying themselves<br>
    "dont worry they get paid enough fortheir hard work in the img league"

EPIC!!!
    edited June 2013
    "I have several time mentioned good points of IPFL like growing popularity of football, development of some infrastructures, young indian players getting chance to play with foreign stars, making football a pan india sport."

@sam out of those good things u mentioned only development of infrastructure is a possibility.
  • samsam 16445 Points
    "I have several time mentioned good points of IPFL like growing popularity of football, development of some infrastructures, young indian players getting chance to play with foreign stars, making football a pan india sport."

@sam out of those good things u mentioned only development of infrastructure is a possibility.

<br><div><br></div><div>Why not other points? plz explain</div>
This discussion has been closed.