IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    its not cricket boss were u can play 2 matches in every 3 to 4 days these league is not good for Indian national team players and i league clubs players <div>I-league club did good thing  nt to let player join these stupid league and let player get injured </div>

<br><br>in every sport people get injured.People work everyday they fall sick get injured life goes on.....<br>
    Joyptan wrote: »
    "dont worry they get paid enough fortheir hard work in the img league"

EPIC!!!

<br><br>whatever<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited June 2013
    1. Growing popularity of football - The crickets IPL didn't popularized cricket (attendence of one day and test cricket getting lower) , it just popularized itself. The new viewers this league will get is just because europian stars. After it ends they won't give a shit about I-league or FED Cup without those stars.

2. Young indian players getting chance to play with foreign stars - Most good young players are already contracted with I-league clubs. so which-ever young player gets chance, they will be sh*t or just better than sh*t(except arrows players).

So sh*t young players playing with stars thau too just for 2 months won't develop them much nor they will help indian football.

3. Making football a pan india sport - For this one @sam u need first clarify what "pan India" is for you.
    samiam wrote: »
    its not cricket boss were u can play 2 matches in every 3 to 4 days these league is not good for Indian national team players and i league clubs players <div>I-league club did good thing  nt to let player join these stupid league and let player get injured </div>

<br><br>in every sport people get injured.People work everyday they fall sick get injured life goes on.....<br>

<br><br>yeah i have but to make sure i had to read about it on wikipedia so what does it have to do with this<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>hmm its seems like u never played a contact sports before :)</div><div><br></div>

<br>
    I don’t think IMG-Reliance's tournament will at all be beneficial as far as Indian football is concerned - PK Banerjee

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/06/07/4031429/i-dont-think-img-reliances-tournament-will-at-all-be
  • samsam 16445 Points
    <h1 class="inner_title MT10" style="padding: 0px; margin: 10px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-family: CallunaBlack, Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 45px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 48px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(26, 26, 26);">Why AIFF, Indian clubs and IMG-R are stuck in a football-hate triangle</h1><div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.firstpost.com/sports/why-aiff-indian-clubs-and-img-r-are-stuck-in-a-football-hate-triangle-847021.html">http://www.firstpost.com/sports/why-aiff-indian-clubs-and-img-r-are-stuck-in-a-football-hate-triangle-847021.html</a></div><div><br></div><div><span style="color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; text-indent: -0.375px;">It’s a classically chaotic example of how football is run in the country. In fact, there are so many other instances like these which pop to your mind while looking at these issues closely. The English Premier League also started off on such a footing — with the top clubs resigning </span><em style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.5em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); text-indent: -0.375px;">en masse</em><span style="color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; text-indent: -0.375px;"> before it’s inaugural 1992-93 season. However, they had the backing of the FA.</span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; text-indent: -0.375px;"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; text-indent: -0.375px; background-color: rgb(255, 204, 51);">Very nicely written article with valid points</span></div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">“But what about our other players then? What will they do?” asks Tanna, completely ignoring the fact that playing in the IMG-R tournament may be a huge incentive for players to do better in the I-League and get noticed. It’s the same with the Ranji Trophy — players playing the domestic tournament are pushed to perform better and earn an IPL contract. And if a player does well in either tournament, then he could pull people to actually go and watch the I-League — something that most of us football fans rarely even consider doing on a regular basis. Plus, don’t forget Bhaichung Bhutia’s influence in this. He has backed the IMG-R tournament is also President of the Football Players Association of India."</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">F*ck this article. And also forget Baichung Bhutia, just because he had a great playing career does not mean what ever he says is right or that he will do well as an administrator. His influence means nothing if he has no idea what he is doing.</font></div>
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">“But what
    about our other players then? What will they do?” asks Tanna, completely
    ignoring the fact that playing in the IMG-R tournament may be a huge
    incentive for players to do better in the I-League and get noticed. It’s
    the same with the Ranji Trophy — players playing the domestic
    tournament are pushed to perform better and earn an IPL contract. And if
    a player does well in either tournament, then he could pull people to
    actually go and watch the I-League — something that most of us football
    fans rarely even consider doing on a regular basis. Plus, don’t forget
    Bhaichung Bhutia’s influence in this. He has backed the IMG-R tournament
    is also President of the Football Players Association of India."<br><br>before and after  ipl.... the interest for ranji trophy was zeero ......and these state teams can sustain on the money they get from BCCI and sponsers......but for i-league teams this will not be the case ...bhutia thinks abt money and fame for players tht is y he is talking like this<br></span>
    edited June 2013
    Only valid point in that article - "IMG-R tournament may be a huge
    incentive for players to do better in the I-League and get noticed. It’s the same with the Ranji Trophy"

Turn the I-league into Ranji Trophy,which no one watches or bothered about even hardcore cricket fans.

Who needs bullsh*t Academies and youth development? The huge
    incentive to play in IMG league will develop them anyway.
    Does that writer even know that every expenses(player salarey too) of Ranji Trophy is paid by BCCI & local CA's?
This discussion has been closed.