IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Okay... but is that the reality? Not exactly. The reality is that we are forced to deal with this and while I agree that this is a sham and that I believe that the I-League could just be simply marketed or revamped better we have to deal with this and hope it does well. We have no choice. If you want Indian football to do well then we need to support this league otherwise the players suffer and the AIFF as well as there would be a lack of funds as massive amounts would have been lost on this league.<div><br></div><div>We need to hope for the best here and that is that we can have a smooth team auction this month with 6 new teams and a smooth player draft. We then need to hope for a smooth schedule with set-times and telecasting and sponsors. We have no choice.</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    like for ashlesh post. i seriously do hope we get enough attention for this league cos end of the day its still an indian league. but wouldnt give a rats ass to established i-league players going for the league. they wont get selected for the NT if they dont play consistently.
    will be good if we make it as an exhibition tournament with top players in the world making the bulk of the team with U-23 indian players as supporting players so we are clear that it doesnt compete with the I-league.
    dx7778 wrote: »
    like for ashlesh post. i seriously do hope we get enough attention for this league cos end of the day its still an indian league. but wouldnt give a rats ass to established i-league players going for the league. they wont get selected for the NT if they dont play consistently.
    will be good if we make it as an exhibition tournament with top players in the world making the bulk of the team with U-23 indian players as supporting players so we are clear that it doesnt compete with the I-league.

<br><div><br></div><div>So basically... fuck Alwyn George. That is what both of you guys are saying. Fuck all the young players playing in the league and the national teamers as well!</div>
    Ashlesh wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>So basically... fuck Alwyn George. That is what both of you guys are saying. Fuck all the young players playing in the league and the national teamers as well!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>YES <br>THEY WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR IF WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM NOW <br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>There will not be a next year if this leagues does not do mildly well.</div>
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    So who are the icon players that img is bringing L-)
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    abhishek yadav will be one for mumbai tigers
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Ha ha ha img retired league =P~

<br><div><br></div><div>YES <br>THEY WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR IF WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM NOW <br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>There will not be a next year if this leagues does not do mildly well.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>that would be Fantastic </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>So... no well done I-League, no well prepared national team... you do know this IMG league could decide our future OVERALL right? I don't like it and deep down I want this to fail but it just can't.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2013
    For me, former Mumbai FC goalkeeper  Baretto (I guess thats his name) is a truly iconic player with his time wasting tactics. he signed up for IMG
This discussion has been closed.