IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• <P>i think this is just farce..when will be the auctionsheld, when they will jell. where are the marquee players. i dont want this league to come into existence. thisyear i league has a whole is performing really well..</P>
    <P>good crowds, Live telecast,good foriegners,good young indian players ,aggresive style of play by some teams(PFC,salgaockar,KEB),namma bengaluru, Good playing surface at many places. 3 derby kolkata derby, maha derby, shillong derby, software derby(BFC vs PFC), removal of PSU clubs.( this is improving the league attendence) ONGC,AIR INDIA empty stadiums. next year chennai rangers,Eagles Kochi FC</P>
    <P>why doesnt IMR R league takes over santosh tropy </P>
  • harry191harry191 89 Points
    edited October 2013
    <P>but if bfc ,dempo,slagoackar are taking the franchisee, how this will work.. can anyone throw light on this. it will be e bizzare case wherin one owner has 2 different clubs for 2 different compettions.</P>
    <P>@gaffertape: can you gyanofy( give gyan) to me as in.</P>
    <P>1) how many years we would be having 2 leagues in the country.</P>
    <P>2) will eventually the I league clubs and IMG r clubs come together to form a single league.. similair to the english transformation from championship to premier league. clubs breaking away to form a separate league .</P>
    <P>3) whay the aiff doesnt just add 8 more franchisee to the I league and make the league a 20 team affair.</P>
    <P>14 in one league and other 8 in other makes no sense to me.</P>
    <P>what about PFC,sporting  who are building a decent club with scores of academy players in their ranks.</P>
    <P>to sum it up you can give the PROS,CONS and the future of league football scenario in say maybe 3 years down the line.</P>
    <P> </P>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    option 1 :<div><br></div><div>8 to 10 team Reliance-IMG league where all clubs are "owned" by IMG-R....similar to how all the IPL teams are owned by BCCI at first.</div><div>In year 1 (2014) the clubs might just be Delhi " affix name" , Chennai Rangers , etc etc..... as the valuation to an investor is very small.  We had trouble getting guys to offer more than 10-15 Crores for a franchise given the short duration of the league , and the zero history of the format , and uncertainty about foreign players.</div><div>In year 2 (2015), if the year 1 has been successful , then the Clubs will be auctioned off, where they expect to get 20-50 Crores per franchise or if they are incredibly lucky they might sell a few for 100Cr.</div><div><br></div><div>If this works , then IMG-R has recouped all it has spent on Indian football, and can sustain itself on the profits of this new league , and rake in money from overseas clubs who will tour India from 2015/16 onwards , once we have the infrastructure .</div><div><br></div><div>Option 2</div><div>Try to sell of some franchises now , behind the scenes.</div><div>Either by having a ranking system or creating some artificial rules which only a select few will pass.</div><div><br></div><div>Don't worry about PFC, they have deep enough pockets to buy a franchise, and have the infrastructure needed to compete.</div><div>The NE & Kolkata clubs will be the biggest losers </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Worst case scenario we might have an IPL / ICL type scenario with 2 rival leagues..... but in the end  the league affiliated to the Governing body (AIFF) will always prevail,  just ask the ICL guys !</div>
  • <P>your comments are giving me hope that IMG R is not going to be a success in first year.</P>
    <P>if IMG R wants to popularize football which is the real thing behind this IMG R -AIFF deal </P>
    <P>1) just create 8 franchizee's ,sell them to TATA, GMR,Air asia,DLF.reliance( they in first place start  a club in gujurat if they want to promote the game,instead of faied liverpool bids),ONGC,,HERO motors etc. in the I league itself.</P>
    <P>2) why would PFC buy a franchisee ,when they have thier own team in I league.?? big Q</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P> </P>
  • Yup the ICL guys know better. They are the first to come up with this, which was developed by BCCI to IPL.

My point is any league that doesn't have an affliation with AIFF will fail, look what happened to the one Bengal was trying to do and suddenly no news. Lessons learnt, first, the league that starts first fails, second, the league with the affliation with the governing body always prosper. I hope it does.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    What will Mumbai franchise do? They dont even have a stadium. Little Football culture in Delhi for new franchise. At the end "Mungeri Lal ke Haseen sapne".<br>
  • i League is affiliated to AIFF, whereas IMG R is backed by AIFF.
    now who will succed and who will lose ?
    again BIG Q

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited October 2013
    @harry191 and AIFF is under control of IMG-R.
  • If they are controlling AIFF, then IMG R will succeed.
  • <P>but IMG r is not afiiliated or cannot get affiliated with AIFF,as AIFF has its own I league.</P>
    <P>so no afiiliation ,IMG R no success.</P> \:D/
This discussion has been closed.