Mumbai FC News

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

hadfadkar said:
    Mumbai FC coach Khalid Jamil: We didn't win because Fair Play wasn't adhered to by Dempo

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/02/03/3722684/mumbai-fc-coach-khalid-jamil-we-didnt-win-because-fair-play

I hope he realises how it feels when his team opts for time wasting tactics. MFC deserve to be treated in this manner. I hope all teams in future treat them in similar fashion.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited February 2013

> Domnic said:
    > > hadfadkar said:
    > > Mumbai FC coach Khalid Jamil: We didn't win because Fair Play wasn't adhered to by Dempo
    > >
    > > http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/02/03/3722684/mumbai-fc-coach-khalid-jamil-we-didnt-win-because-fair-play
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope he realises how it feels when his team opts for time wasting tactics. MFC deserve to be treated in this manner. I hope all teams in future treat them in similar fashion.

Haters Gonna Hate 
    Mumbai FC Team The Great!!! 
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

More than hating, its disgusting to watch.

> Domnic said:
    > More than hating, its disgusting to watch.

whatever it is i got a chant when mumbai fc returns to cooperage thanks to these talks ;) :D
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited February 2013

So Mumbai FC thanks to Khalid Kamil are disgraceful on the pitch with their time-wasting , racist abuse etc.

The Club management are no better with their lack of professionalism....

Is this the kind of city named clubs we want.... ?

funny thing though, late payment of salaries in West India s inversly proportionate to results ( see Air India last year ) whereas it's not the case in the North east ( late payments at Sikkim & Lajong)

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> gaffertape said:
    > So Mumbai FC thanks to Khalid Kamil are disgraceful on the pitch with their time-wasting , racist abuse etc.
    >
    > The Club management are no better with their lack of professionalism....
    >
    > Is this the kind of city named clubs we want.... ?
    >
    > funny thing though, late payment of salaries in West India s inversly proportionate to results ( see Air India last year ) whereas it's not the case in the North east ( late payments at Sikkim & Lajong)
    >

wow, you come with very interesting statistics....I guess the other west India teams are looking at it :P
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> gaffertape said:
    > So Mumbai FC thanks to Khalid Kamil are disgraceful on the pitch with their time-wasting , racist abuse etc.
    >
    > The Club management are no better with their lack of professionalism....
    >
    >
    > funny thing though, late payment of salaries in West India s inversly proportionate to results ( see Air India last year ) whereas it's not the case in the North east ( late payments at Sikkim & Lajong)
    >

Not really in hindsight. To me, the Mumbai FC's, Pune FC's, Shillong Lajong's, and United Sikkim's are all "First Generation State/City Based Clubs" in the modern Indian football history. These are clubs that are emerging and are setting an early standard... club named, based on community (yes, they are), and mostly in untapped area's.

Of course you still have the "First Generation" clubs coming up like Delhi United, South United, Kohima Komets, and Aizawl. But the reason I still consider them First Generation is because I barely see any improvements from them to what we already have. In fact I see regression. Delhi United are still too "immature" for the top level and the support in Delhi is a question. Kohima Komets are based in an unstable market. The Nagaland Premier League matches for them also failed to get "many" fans. Aizawl is also in the same predicament. Great footballers from the state but the club needs a few more years of development (stadium, fans, initiatives) before I would welcome them and South United is not even a year old, in a very, very risky market and probably have not done that much in community initiatives.

Now what I would like to see is in the future is a "Second Generation" of these clubs appear in Kerala, Chennai, Hyderabad, Punjab, Ranchi, Lucknow, Nagpur, and Jaipur. 

What do I mean by "Second Generation"? I mean clubs that are created with the state/city based name, community work and all that like the first generation but also learn from those clubs mistakes. Notice how all 4 clubs in the I-League that are state/city based got into the league early after being founded (Shillong Lajong revamped before promotion again). And how many are actually successful on and off the field. None. Maybe Pune FC can be used an example for how clubs should run but other than them the rest have been failing. Falling into controversy and all that. The new clubs need to learn from that and only attempt at the I-League when they are sure that they are ready to tackle it head on. This is not just about football, it's business.
  • > gaffertape said:
    >
    >

Oh, and you have no idea how ironic this statement is.
    Mumbai fc u-19 season in mumbai football league

http://www.mumbaistrikers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=325:mfl-super-division-group-stage-draws-out&catid=61:mumbai-football-league&Itemid=319

i thought they were not relegated last season and were suppose to be part of elite division as per some of reports last season