Mumbai FC News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Ashlesh said:
    > > luis barreto who is on loan at mumbai from dempo i should say he is not impressed me a litle bit he have problem with crosses and soemtimes lack in decision making

mumbai have k sharath of chirag kerala why not use him 

>
    >

Because Mumbai have used all their goalkeepers and only Barreto actually looked good. The rest concede 3 goals per game.

the actual reason behind baretto's better performance is because of now settled defense line up which was not able to play good in initial matches... so you cant credit the gk for improved results i feel
    mfc have poor gk options anyway
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > luis barreto who is on loan at mumbai from dempo i should say he is not impressed me a litle bit he have problem with crosses and soemtimes lack in decision making

mumbai have k sharath of chirag kerala why not use him 

> >
    > >

Because Mumbai have used all their goalkeepers and only Barreto actually looked good. The rest concede 3 goals per game.

>
    >

the actual reason behind baretto's better performance is because of now settled defense line up which was not able to play good in initial matches... so you cant credit the gk for improved results i feel

Na, Barreto has easily been better since his arrival. Mumbai's defense should also be given credit but the goalkeeper was also a problem before. Still not sure what Jamil sees in Faizal but other than that its a great team.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > shankar said:
    > > > 

>
    >

Na, Barreto has easily been better since his arrival. Mumbai's defense should also be given credit but the goalkeeper was also a problem before. Still not sure what Jamil sees in Faizal but other than that its a great team.

earlier keegan periera was pl;aying in that position.... now mfc dont have a full back in that position and also the fact that faizal is been wiht the team for longer time might have gained more trust of the coach
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > shankar said:
    > > > > 

> >
    > >

>
    >

earlier keegan periera was pl;aying in that position.... now mfc dont have a full back in that position and also the fact that faizal is been wiht the team for longer time might have gained more trust of the coach

Thats probably it. Maybe he can improve with game time.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Ashutosh Mehta who came up from MFC U-19(If Im not wrong) ranks looks to be starting regularly in Mumbai Midfield.Need more information on this players anyone guys ?

> ashindia said:
    > Ashutosh Mehta who came up from MFC U-19(If Im not wrong) ranks looks to be starting regularly in Mumbai Midfield.Need more information on this players anyone guys ?

yea he started from ,i think, 3rd match to till date.....
    he was in the first batch of mfc u-19 team along with likes of John Coutinho, Manuel D’Souza and Rohit Mirza( all are midfielders) who are all in promoted to senior team too..... may be once mfc get their i-league status confirmed you could see others too getting some match times 
    if you need clearly about details.... i just wanted to know what info exactly are you looking for... will let you know if i have the answers
    edited December 2012

Mumbai FC TV promo

i am wondering whether it is their youtube channel which will be back to activity or some promos in zee channels...
    whatever it is good start  from them since the news of start of cooperage!!!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > Indian Football: Mumbai FC – Finally Making It Big?
    >
    > http://www.thehardtackle.com/2013/indian-football-mumbai-fc-finally-making-it-big/

The word finally is not apt here as Mumbai FC has overachieved before also. Yes this time its better than all those times, but its not they have always struggled.

2010-11 - 7th (over united SC and same point as Mohun bagan and only 2 points less than Pune Fc who were 5th)
    2008-09 - 7th (Over United SC and same point as East Bengal)

• Yep but this is kinda the first time it is all clicking for them. Despite those finishes I have never seen Mumbai play like the way they are doing now. Yes they are flops when they are leading which is not nice to see but before they take a lead they play good football. Also good work by Khalid for taking a side tipped for relegation to 5th.

So... where are those users who said relegation at the beginning of the season?