death of bengal clubs? challenge to goan clubs?

Comments

• yes, active

just promoted to premier kolkata league again (read ABP OR THE telegraph 2day)
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    United should go back to local league if they don't have money to play in I league
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    the best part of this title is the fact just a few months back a Bengal Club played in the AFC semi final and everyone was gaga over it, and as soon as they are having one bad season (EB very consistent for years now, and has done reasonably well off the field), this title comes up.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2013
    People have a very short memory. Thats why they curse a player one day and hail as god few days latter after that player has scored few goals. Remember Sunil Chetri before and during the SAFF cup.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    people regularly talk about how old these institutions are and how new clubs doing well.  need to understand that because these are so old, it is also a problem, because clubs are old some of the taken for granted ways can;t be changed overnight...this is a problem for many things all over the world. the new clubs have this blessing of being new and can shape themselves they way they want. changing older things face lot of resistance and time.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the best part of this title is the fact just a few months back a Bengal Club played in the AFC semi final and everyone was gaga over it, and as soon as they are having one bad season (EB very consistent for years now, and has done reasonably well off the field), this title comes up.
    this title is not exactly a knee jerk reaction title. infact this thread was started when eb just went 3 wins in 3 in i-league.

the writing is in the wall. unless old clubs rethink strategies on club marketing and fan retention it will be wiped out. it will not matter if the club is started last year or a 100 yrs back when ur faced with extinction.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @rudra said:

changing older things face lot of resistance and time.

resistance for what?for bringing professionalism??if the club is old definitly they will be followed by some fans..and if they have to reach to the fans they have to market it...if club is old surely they will have some privilage like infrastructure(ofcourse low) but they will have,and if they have some gud contacts ,they can use it with some proper planning...
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    if club is old like MB and EB..then this can be old is gold...they have massive following and gud budget..they can do a lot better than PFC and BFC..only thing is req. is proper management...
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    What has BFC done upto now??? Just increased their support base. What is proffesionalism required for that?? New club, city starved of football!! It was not a difficult task. Just bcoz hype created on twitter and fb, people are jumping.

We cant expect these kind of tech savy fans for kolkata or goa clubs. kolkata clubs have a much broader fan base that they get by default. They dont need  promotion. Its too early to start bragging about BFC.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    this title is not exactly a knee jerk reaction title. infact this thread was started when eb just went 3 wins in 3 in i-league.

the writing is in the wall. unless old clubs rethink strategies on club marketing and fan retention it will be wiped out. it will not matter if the club is started last year or a 100 yrs back when ur faced with extinction.
    Fact - East Bengal haven't won 2 back to back I-league matches this season.

By the time this 'old' clubs face extinction 100 more clubs would be extinct.

Tell me few things which PFC & BFC do as a part of fan retention.