death of bengal clubs? challenge to goan clubs?

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Winning matches is the only/best thing a team can do as marketing. Nobody would have cared about BFC if they were near bottom of I-league table.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    What has BFC done upto now??? Just increased their support base. What is proffesionalism required for that?? New club, city starved of football!! It was not a difficult task. Just bcoz hype created on twitter and fb, people are jumping.

We cant expect these kind of tech savy fans for kolkata or goa clubs. kolkata clubs have a much broader fan base that they get by default. They dont need  promotion. Its too early to start bragging about BFC.
    In recent past, clubs like Viva Kerala or Mumbai FC failed to create such hype. Mumbai and Kerala have more football fans then Bangalore yet they hardly did anything to promote their club or gather fans. Thats why BFC has done commendable job. In Goa, Calcutta, Shillong Football is number 1 sport, they will get fans without promotion also but say in Bangalore, Cricket is number 1 and hockey number 2. same goes for mumbai.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Joyptan 

munna219777 gave a very strong point abt the priority of sports...

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    banglore still managing to get 6500 crowd in the stadium from the start and now its keep on increasing...last match it was around 7500...its not abt only performance...and also they are doing gud job in social n/w sites...and open season for fans..
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Really?! "they have allowed fans to meet players like robin singh and sunil chhetri" thats it? If you are willing you can meet players in kolkata and probaly everywhere any day when players are in club tent. No special pass or anything needed. You don't even need to be a club member or a fan.

Do you know why them letting fans meet with players is a special thing , because they are winning matches and are on top of I-league table.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @munna. Viva Kerala and Mumbai FC (At Cooperage)  used to always get a crowd of 5K. Its only that as you said not much HYPE was created by them as the fans are of a different kind. We cant expect fans in Kolkata, Goa and Kerala to shell out 500 Rupees for a match. As for Mumbai they never played long enough in Mumbai although their fans could have been similar to Bangalore.

@preetam. I am surprised that fans have to be "allowed" to meet their players. In goa and also Kolkata, we can just go and meet the players at end of training session. You can hug them also if you like and take photos. That is no big deal mate. Just that we dont start posting on twitter and facebook all these small issues.And also people here are not interested in this kind of stuff after being overdosed with football. It seems to be a big deal for a new club.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I think in mentality that differences Bengaluru FC fans meeting players and Goan/Kolkata fans meeting players. In Goa/Kolkata, meeting players is literally a normal, easy thing to do. The players are just your local guys. Nothing exception.

From what I have seen at Bengaluru FC they have created a glamor image on their players. It is almost a privlage to meet these "professional, national footballers".

Its all in the way it is presented... esspecially at this level. In England for example what I said would not be true. Let anyone see players at Arsenal and it would be the same as if they offered for money. In India that will not be the case generally.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited December 2013

From what I have seen at Bengaluru FC they have created a glamor image on their players. It is almost a privlage to meet these "professional, national footballers".

How many?? Majority are rejects from other clubs!!

• From what I have seen at Bengaluru FC they have created a glamor image on their players. It is almost a privlage to meet these "professional, national footballers".

How many?? Majority are rejects from other clubs!!

THATS WHY THERY ARE ON POLE POSITION 

• DXDX 4074 Points
    proves what would happen if u have a proper management in place plus the board who are willing to get things done logistically and marketing wise.

almost all players here dont have reputations incl chetri bcos he hasnt played a while in i-league.

you stabilize the team dont make any knee jerk changes and make slight improvements as u go along and the results are there.

thats the basics of club management. ppl always say we bring in crap foriegn players,but i say the entire fault lies with the management, poor scouting, poor judging of player ability in trails and training, poor negotiation of contracts , poor coaching , poor tactics in matches - poor results.

bring in better coaches and stick with them u will have better results in the long run.