The Future of the I-League

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @preetam yes MMB paid that hefty fine above the table and some under the table too.

As for BFC moving things forward..they need to get someone on the board of KSFA or Bangalore District Football Association and revamp its structure.
    BDFA has 130+ C Division teams, 60odd B Div teams , 10 to 12 A Division & around 10 Super Division teams. ( I'm sure some B'lore members or @Rudra can correct me here )

Instead of playing such meaningless Division games , where overweight amateurs join together for games once a year for a month long league...scrap the C & D and replace them with U13,U15 & U17 leagues

Most other state associations need to catch up to Goa and Mizoram in terms of youth leagues
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited April 2014
    And yet Goa and Mizoram still don't produce the players needed to reach the next level. What does that say? Just scrapping these divisions and replacing them with youth leagues won't get us very far if the coaches are weak.

Overall, in my opinion, these are the things that need to change at state level:
    1. The coaching. Coaches right now are no good in India. They have no idea how to coach kids the right way. This needs to change now otherwise we can create all the youth leagues we want, they won't work. This leads me to my 2nd point...
    2. More state youth leagues. Like you said but more district to district and also school to school and have them eventually reach some sort of state finals so to give the kids and incentive to not only develop but to win as well.
    3. More clinics for youth players. This is where clubs like Bengaluru FC and Pune will need to lead. Here in the US the Red Bulls hold week-long summer camps in over 100 towns. Of course it is pay before hand but they really help kids get special training and learn more about the game while also hanging out with friends and what not. Same is done in England.
    4. Better, more organized state leagues. We need better state leagues. Again I feel what I said above is enough for this... if not then I don't know what to do.

Oh, and before people start talking about infrastructure... it is very, very important but it is not the be all and end all. Pro players from poor backgrounds never had good infrastructure and yet there they are, professionals. Of course the state associations should work to fix this along with the local government but I consider the first 4 points more important.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @gaffertape why would want to scrap the C& D divisions??? if i am not wrong tose are purely amateur leagues.. wit any 11 random guys can form a team and play matches....
    it does help in making a situation where more more the number of guys play better it is for the clubs in the cit to get successful... and these leagues, as far as mumbai goes, .... all we need to do was contribute 200-500 per person and create a team and ten play 5-6 or even more matches on 11-a game matc wic or else isnt easy to come.. this gives us a feel to play proper game..

I also think this is the place where the clubs should target for fan bases and if lucky 1-2 rough diamonds.... all they need to do is have a banner of the club with the schedule of matches coming up.... for them the quality at display on stadium would definitely be good enough as they ae only experienced C& D div earlier

For me these diisions for the national clubs to improve fan base,...anyway these clubs are run more with a motto of recreation than professional sport and i doubt the local feds are losing an money by running these leagues....
    U14/U17 leagues are way different were the clubs need to build with the idea of youth developments.... and you cant get that much no of teams at ease too
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Brilliant post. A C/D Division league is much easier to run than U17/U14 leagues. U17/U14 leagues would cost money for infrastructure, transport, coaching etc. With C/D Divisions, well, they are amateurs. Just create a team, find a way to get to matches, and you are good. Simple and no hassel at all.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    All I league div 1 n 2 should be merged
    Have the div2 teams all compete to qualify for the main group stage of I league

That way they all get a chance
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    that way all will get chance and we will see 10-0 12-0 scoreline in almost every 3rd or 4th match.....league will turn from bad to worse.....

BTW any news on new coorporate teams...???
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Ya but atleast we will see representation of clubs of entire India at a mutual level
    And more people will see I league especially fanbases of kerala and other states
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    Their are reports in newspaper that aiff plan to merge ISL and I League in 5-6 years
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    edited April 2014
    That is why I advocated playing the reserve team of a Div I clb in the lower div.

... my main pitch was for AIFF to tiighten the screws as far as I league is concerned; use the BFC triumph to initiate rules to broad base the league. Only this is under their control, i. e., unless they bow to IFA &GFA, rest they can't do anything ( sponsors, TV, night matches, etc)
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    Any talk of merger is hogwash, it it was serious, they would have told us earlier. This is just to soothe the frayed nerves of the I league clubs.

If this is done, we will have FIVE clubs from Kol & Goa, two from other cities. Is that going to work or bring more chaos?