The Future of the I-League

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Ok in future we wil see total f 16 club participating in lig out f which 7 each club wil be from kolkata and goa rest 2 r frm othr parts of india..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited April 2014
    Merging the 1st and 2nd Divisions would not make sense. It would basically be going against what we want which is a more pan-India league. Also, please also consider the off-field impact. Does United Sikkim really deserve to be in the I-League again? Ya, thought so.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @ArsenalFan700
    united sikkim should be in the 2nd division category of the i league of what i said above .where they can fight for a spot in the main group stage
    edited April 2014
    But why? Again, USFC is not a 1st tier club at all. They are not professional enough for the I-League. In fact, that is true for almost every team in the 2nd Division.

Again, the 2nd Division, in its current state, is useless and rubbish. It should be disbanded and work should be done to stablize the I-League and the state leagues.
    Yes they are not a first tier club that's why they have to prove it with the 2nd tier clubs for a spot

If they loose even after that we can't do anything. They will just have to work harder

And btw if first div and 2nd div merge we will actually have some sort of live telecast of some matches which is better than no telecast of 2nd div at the moment
    You are not listening to my point... the professionalism of the clubs in the 2nd Division... compared to say a Bengaluru FC... there is no comparison. Would you rather have more Bengaluru FC's or a Bhawanipore?
    I completely understand your point of them not as good as bengaluru fc

But I am of the view that rest of India has to be represented
    The rest of India can be represented through the same way Bengaluru FC were made. In fact we might see that with Tata (Jamshedpur) and a team in Chennai maybe thinking about creating clubs.

And the 2nd Division won't represent the rest of India. Sikkim is to small of a market for a top tier league. Two of the clubs were from Kolkata. Another from Shillong and Mizoram don't have the infrastructure.

It just would make no sense.
    The rest of india is not as fortunate as bfc to throw money in and get entry

Delhi. Kerala. And madhya pradesh are an important part of India and they all have clubs in div2
    It won't happen straight away... if we get more clubs like Bengaluru FC and they are as or about as successful then we will eventually see Delhi, Kerala get teams. It will happen but it is a gradual process. We don't need 2nd Division clubs like Hindustan or Eagles... we need to be patient.