2013-14 I-League Round 17: Back to business!

Comments

• Churchill was at the bottom of the heap, after the first phase of League got over. That's when they thot of shelling out some money(maybe by selling some land in Goa!)To buy some qlty players - so that they can atleast get a mid-table position - considering they were the winners last league! The results can't be so topsy-turvy. Never in the history of World football it has ever happened that a Premier League holder of the previous year, get relegated the next year! Anyways, Churchill shud hv actually gone for this dubious record, instead of wasting so much money!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Churchill foreigners are of much lower budget than many clubs in India. Just that they lost quiet a bit in settling the waste foreigners earlier.

East Bengal was very unethical in appraoching Shabana for next season on the eve of this match. He was way off from what he plays normally.
  • Churchill foreigners are of much lower budget than many clubs in India. Just that they lost quiet a bit in settling the waste foreigners earlier.

East Bengal was very unethical in appraoching Shabana for next season on the eve of this match. He was way off from what he plays normally.
    Lol...! U mean to say Lagos comes at a cheap price! In that case, if u pay peanuts - u get _______u know what( I cannot utter that, as admin would haul me up saying its a racial abuse  :D ) In that case the result is fair!

Regarding Kolkata clubs speaking to foreigners - thats their habit! They speak to all footballers who come to play in Kolkata, only to to outrightly rejected by players who know the circus about Kolkata football...!
    All hype about lagos transfer fee and salary is way off target. I can't give you specifics, but trust me you want believe the wages he is on. Its nowhere close to hernandez.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Okay, cool, so his wages are not as good... who cares... the point is that with his repuatation coming from Costa Rica's top league he should look a lot better and fitter than he is... ya, this is only his 2nd game but he already looks like a player who decided to binge before coming to India.
  • All hype about lagos transfer fee and salary is way off target. I can't give you specifics, but trust me you want believe the wages he is on. Its nowhere close to hernandez.
    Sure he wont get that - considering that he would at max play 10 games this season. But extrapolate this amount to 11 months' wages and see; he would come with a higher price tag vis-a-vis Hernandez!
    Considering extrapolation, it is not much. You can use ur source and confirm. Hernsndez was overpaid.
  • Considering extrapolation, it is not much. You can use ur source and confirm. Hernsndez was overpaid.
    Source use kar liya yaar..! Just Chill..! 

Dont worry - both Churchill and Bagan are managed by some whimsical jokers...so these things happen!

However, I would say Hernandes did contribute much to the success of United last year, despite he being overweight and unfit. Infact thats what Ranty has been complaining this year - that this year the supply line from the midfield is cut-off (read as he is unable to broker a deal of few crores, as he has not been scoring this year! )
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    in 2-3 matches we will get the clear idea of winner for this season,we don't hav to wait till the last match of the season...expecting BFC to win the title....but EPL will go down to end of the wire...arsenal,chelsea,M.C,liverpool everyone has the chance...
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    what a poor press conference from armando... accepting openly that he has problems in the dressing room.... wont be shocked to see eb changing their coach again