2013-14 I-League Round 17: Back to business!

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They should. We need new foreign coaches who can bring new ideas and new players instead of the same types.

I doubt Mariano Dias/Subhash Bhowmick have the balls to drop Cristian Lagos if he continues to look like a blob.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    A question 
    What is actual age of Dika ?? 
    Seen him  getting slow and he lost his boyish look, looks old. 

@Ashlesh if sources are correct, then Dika is probably close to 27 than he is 22.
    Same reason him and Jeje excelled at Youth level for India.
    Why it's hillarious to see Jeje win "best emerging player"
    Shylo Malsawmtulunga is anyhwere between 35 & 37 !!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited February 2014
    what a poor press conference from armando... accepting openly that he has problems in the dressing room.... wont be shocked to see eb changing their coach again
    What exactly did Armando say in his press conference , curious to hear or does anyone have any links...

I like this report....
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    Anyone know if there will be streams for today's matches?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    Is their any game today?
  • PFC vs MSC and USC vs MFC
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited February 2014

Some Coaches are like "I take the Cake, you get the empty plate" type. Armando when he won the Kolkata League by default (as EB played their matches when those poor teams could not afford to keep their Foriegners) was over the moon. There also EB got only 1 point out of 6 against Mohun Bagan & MSC. In Fed Cup & IFA Shield so many theories of non-performance were presented. Now the latest theory is "selfish players". Look at Karim.. the Officials didn't give him even a single new player of his choice. They even drove out Nabi, Manish Mathani, Anthony Pereira... still with some unknown Under 23s, little known recruits and useless Christopher (also Muranda) and the one & only Odafa (who is the Non Playing Captain and an advisor these days).. Karim is fighting on and on without blaming a single player though they embarrassed him all through. Bengali Media should display their football sense and appreciate that rather than criticizing Karim at the 1st opportunity. On Friday Mohun Bagan take on Churchill and we will see the same story ..dominate the match but no score because no team can win with Christopher/Sabeeth/Oraon as Strikers. But I believe the defence will stand up and Mohun Bagan may snatch a point. Next day the Media will jump on Karim by saying that Karim fails to win again !!!!

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points

Bengali Media should display their football sense and appreciate that rather than criticizing Karim at the 1st opportunity. On Friday Mohun Bagan take on Churchill and we will see the same story ..dominate the match but no score because no team can win with Christopher/Sabeeth/Oraon as Strikers. But I believe the defence will stand up and Mohun Bagan may snatch a point. Next day the Media will jump on Karim by saying that Karim fails to win again !!!!

Media is hounding Karim as they are sensing he is on the way out ...
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited February 2014

I don't think Karim is going to be out. Mohun Bagan Executive Committee and Karim meet on Saturday, nobody except an IDIOT will ever think of sacking Karim a week before the Derby..knowing fully well that a decent result in the Derby will prevent the fans from slapping the Officials in Public. I believe the better sense prevails and Karim will be offered an extension of the Contract, which I dare say will benefit Mohun Bagan immensely.

• Agree with @AKB completely. This is exactly what I hv been saying all this while. The problem with Bengal media - (and Gautam Bhattacharya the sports editor of ABP has to take the blame for this) is that they hv far too many new reporters, who doesn't understand the A,B,C,D of football and just writes for the heck of it. They write all fucking reports and distort facts only to be believed by the jokers(meaning officials) who then axe the coach - at the behest of the media (b'coz supporters in general also go by press reports)and then it is this media only who blames Bagan management for chopping and changing coaches every now and then. The only thing Kolkata and Bengal is good at - is playing dirty/petty politics and pulling down somebody who tries to do differently with all honesty - that's exactly they have been doing with Karim.