2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Air asia to fly from 12 june in India

Hope aiff convince them to start a club
    Aiff extended deadlune for subbmitting bids for new teams
    2 corprates took bid document already
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Guys can someone explain me all this hype about airasia. ...I mean I know. It may start a club but why news covering it so much its just an airline company. ...
    footydip
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited June 2014
    @Samiam It is a major Asian airliner... of course there will be a lot of hype around it! :)
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Biggest asaian airline company
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    then wht abt emirates ?? i thought they are in top position .....

i think air asia droped the idea of a i league club no talks since last year
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points

I-League could have two new teams

"Bengaluru FC and Mumbai Tigers made their debut last season. This year, Nethaji and Rendezvous may join the elite group while Royal Wahingdoh FC from Shillong has been promoted from second division," he said.

Lol lol on lol ,even  i-league official dont know ,whoever playing in it  

:)
    rudrashankar
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    lol...wish they named the aiff official...it is now  becoming a trend for newspapers to get 'inside' news from an aiff official..
    archak
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2014
    What type of debut are they talking about for Mumbai Tigers????
    =))

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Will Chennai have a team or not ????? :-?
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Its 50:50 for the Nethaji SC - The Hindu tieup as Nethaji is currently competing the second division of the CFA league. Haven't performed well with the current set of management & players, So the owner might feel to stabilize the club first and build a base rather than hurry and go for the I-league slot but stranger things have happened.
    Also the fact that matches are still being played in the division as well as the sacking of the previous coaching staff means Nethaji are already late to set foundations and for possible transfers in.

Air Asia am surprised that no news are emerging, Since they have been promoted back the PL thought they would form a team here with junior players as well as reserve players from QPR but guess they are fighting the FFP ban so all efforts have gone there as well as competition for the airspace here in india has meant no money and efforts at ground level.

Another club which might be in the fray but surely not this season is Chennai FC. Could happen but the CFA league is a distraction.

May not happen this year but if I-league is delayed for another 3-4 months from now then chances for a chennai team looks brighter. Also the fact that all possible teams except Air asia have a decent & honest corporate backing, So should be very transparent and professional.
    namewtheld