2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @ Hassan,  sorry salary cap 20 Cr, that is even more exciting. We can have retired or semi retired super stars who will take India to within top 20 in Asia. But we can't spend half of the money donated to the super stars for development of Football in India. God save Indian Football.
    My dear friend just search the archives and look at the Crowd in the 2001 Federation Cup Final Between Mohun Bagan & Dempo. Yes Mohun Bagan and also may be East Bengal are not well known in Chennai to this generation but they have survived the time. Hope Chennai team lasts 20 % of that time.. Good Luck.  
    Deb_BanEastBengalPrideMaddie7negiashindiareddevil87munna219777atuljg
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Pritam forwards the ball to dika and Dika shoots from the circle. That's how the story goes man.
    dhritiman7
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Very good points @AKB Reading enough crap here about how I-League clubs couldnt improve Indian football! But most of these wankers dont understand its the Fed stupid! It was the players from EB,MB, Mohd Sporting who got India Asian Games gold medals in football and they can do it again, but not with the corrupt retards running the Federation. Bhaichung, Chhetri, Pal, Gurpreet, Romeo are players who have played abroad or are currently abroad (except those 2 FC Pune City noonecaresaboutwhothefucktheyare) have made their names from EB, MB and Dempo. More would come and specially now that these clubs are focussing much more on youth development but again the Fed is focussed on a circus show. 

And football rivalries are not fought, won or lost in social media, you need to haul your asses to the ground, shout your throat coarse, come back happy or sad and repeat this season after season. Thats what makes fans, thats what shows you care about football in your country. And if you cant even support a club in your country, what the hell will you support the country with, your zilch passion but infinite keyboard skills? 
    AKBmunna219777atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    edited March 2015
    Within a year u guys saw ISL will kill Indian football

U want ISL to take India to top 10 in Asia in a year or shut down

ISL pays AIFF 32 crores 10 times more than what government pays

Even Nottingham Forest,Leeds United ,Liverpool have great history but the only use of it is to talk and nothing more

And as far as fans half I-league teams don't have fans

ArsenalFan700atuljgdhritiman7
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29733 Points
    how can ISL take India to top 10 in Asia explain.
    AKBatuljg
    how can ISL take India to top 10 in Asia explain.
    atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    I never said ISL will take India to top 10
    atuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Clubs like Dempo, Salgaocar, JCT, Mahindra used to get decent numbers in the ground not too long ago. AIFF cocked up the league, did zilch to improve and market it and promptly blamed the clubs. Not only the nincompoops made the fans go away but also got corporates to shut down their clubs. Now they're sold over to Reliance and the cacophony claims ISL is our knight in shining glory! 

I am not saying ISL is gonna take us to top 10 in Asia, I am absolutely convinced that it wont, not in its current version anyway. Now that football has been named as a priority sports and will get additional central funds, will AIFF spend that to improve I-League? 
    AKBmunna219777atuljg
    @mohammed_87hassan please read your above comment where you said "U want ISL to take India to top 10 in Asia in a year"