2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Good move by Bagan. Damn it, why the hell I am stuck in Delhi!!! 
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Mohun Bagan's matches v Salgaocar FC & Shillong Lajong FC on 3rd.& 8th. April are now shifted to Barasat Stadium because of IPL Opening Ceremony. YBK was booked 3 months back for these games and at that time IPL dates were not decided. Now IPL opening ceremony is given priority. Gradually at YBK Football most of the time is given a Step-Son treatment. Authorities don't allow Bucket seats in the Stadium to be occupied during the last Derby...... how funny.... as if the Bucket Seats are only to be occupied during ISL. Organizing Clubs are helpless as they do not own that stadium.
    Nothing wakes AIFF up...Kumbhakarna used to wake up after 6 months, AIFF never. The telecast quality & the Commentry & the Graphics were of 20th.Century type. Even the on field commentators were not knowing that India were leading 2-0 and not 3-0 !! Nobody understands that slow poisoning of Club Football at the expense of ISL tamasha will not take India to even within top 25 in Asia. Gimmick of old Global unfit super stars who can't even last 70m for 2 matches in a row will not draw crowd after 2-3 editions. Well, by that time the present lot of Prafool  and Co will make enough money to ensure tension free life of their next 3/4 generations. And Indian Football ????  RIP
    mohammed_87hassangaffertapeEastBengalPridegoalkeeparmunna219777souravindiaSunbha123
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    U look like a frustrated Mohun Bagan fan who is worried about his clubs future
    we has i-league taken us not even top 30 In Asia??
    when was last time India had a good goal scoring center forward???
    i only remeber Mohammed Rafi a one season wonder

but after ISL i have came across many people who have started to follow Indian football on facebook
    AKBgaffertapeEastBengalPridegoalkeeparmunna219777atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    And i have even came across some old indian fans who call ISL fans plastic
    and call themselves to be hardcore and hate those isl fans

probably during i-league we have went back in football
    our football has gone backwards
    we are nowhere close to were we were 10 Years ago
    FROM IM VIJAYAN TO ROBIN SINGH thats a huge backstep

getting knocked out of WC at the first match we play
    atuljg
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    so hassan we should play ISL for 2 months and then sleep for 8 months ?
    munna219777atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Play ISL for 6 months. You don't need marquees for a long season. Plenty of quality youngsters who want to play in a bigger stage will come here. Frankly it's these players who stole the show over more reknowned players In season 1.
    Bring in EB, MB and BFC into ISL and let other teams either play in league 2 or merge them with franchises.
    AKBmohammedirshad
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Hassan...following Indian football through facebook and also importing old and unfit stars to play a few matches for 60-70 m will not take us anywhere. Logical solution will be to merge ISL & I - League (top 6 teams) and have a 6-8m long league with at least 14 teams and 26 matches. Otherwise ISL will remain a tamasha and corporate houses will lose interest as soon as they find less interest in people to see semi retired unfit starst. A MB v ATK or EB v ATK match will will draw 50K crowd and ATK v Kerala Blasters will draw 2k crowd simply because ATK doesn't have their own supporters.. only MB, EB & Mohd Sp supporters flock their matches. They will know the reality once the 2 leagues are merged. IPL succeeded because it  has current players (Indians & others)who are very good and only a handful just retired players where as ISL has ordinary Indian players & mostly EDP (expiry date passed) stars.  And as far as your comment of being a frustrated Mohun Bagan fan..... yes I am a passionate Mohun Bagan supporter and you guys will never understand that passion which draws a Mohun Bagan or East Bengal or a Mohammedan Sporting supporter to the ground. You don't have that feeling for any club surely...whatever you have it is just superficial.
    EastBengalPrideatuljgmohammedirshad
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    well I too don't have obssession for any club .does that mean we don't care? yes we care bcoz its relevant to Indian football ...most ifn guys give priority to Indian NT which is right ..let MB win i-league 10 times will these help Indian football? the answer is no ...we need concrete plan if our league is strong Indian NT will get strong ...we need passion for that ..means anything which will improve Indian football.... BFC got fans outside banglore bcoz they are most professional team ..which both EB and MB failed to do despite having good budget and fan base ....anyway cheers bcoz this season MB will win the league ....