2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Goalkepeer please read it clearly
    yaar
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    At least ISL has been able to create hype for Indian football which I league has never managed to do. Merging both should be ideal, with ISL being the top league running for 6 - 8 months; top 3 teams from 2nd league getting promoted each year to ISL. Existing I League and 2nd division teams to be merged to increase the number of teams - which will then be tier 2.
    atuljg
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Question:
    Related to I-League and Federation Cup can anyone explain under which AFC guideline (which AIFF officials always quote) Subhash Bhowmik or Subrata Bhattacharya can't do coaching or be in the Dressing room on match days but Chukuwama can do coaching ? Remember none of the 3 has A Licence. 

Answer:
    This is under Clause no. 0000 (sub Clause No.0000) of "Rules & Regulations applicable for I - League & Federation Cup" written by Sunanda Dhar with foreward from Kushal Das. This Rule book is marketed by Subrata Dutta and financed by Prafooool Patel.

munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    God, there is like massive ciclejerk going on with IFN right now. Fuck the ISL. All glory to the Federation Cup/I-League.

Acting like a bunch of stereotypical Liverpool fans right now.

Just to put it out there, I am not a full supporter of the ISL (yet)... but I am leaning towards that direction slowly. I do not believe in the I-League and its ability to bring us to the next level. Yes, getting rid of the corrupt officials could work but that ain't going to happen anytime soon, realistically speaking.

As for money spent, yes, we are spending on semi-retired players but that is because you can get instant return from those guys in terms of sponsorships and attendance (TV and in-stadium). With academies and youth development you need to take it more slowly because you won't get an instant return. That is why I like how most clubs are starting with the 12-14 age range here.
    souravindiaatuljg
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I don't really care if it is ISL or I-league... all I want is one premier league and then if possible 2nd and 3rd divisions
    reddevil87atuljg
    Ideally I want that as well but in a different way. I look at India like I do the United States, whereas I can see us having an Indian Super League one day with not only 20 teams but maybe 24 or 26. There are so many markets in India that we can have so many teams and thus more players in our top division but of course that won't happen for years and I believe someone said on here that we will not see new teams till 2016 at the earliest so expect expansion in twos for a while.

As for the lower divisions, I would rather see more time spent with the state leagues. We are slowly seeing new leagues appear like the Mizoram Premier League or the soon-to-be Malabar Premier League and we still have our typical Goa Pro League and Calcutta Football League. We need more of these, more organized leagues like these and perhaps eventually get a proper FA Cup like tournament in India.

From there you can work on a 2nd Division but before that we need stability at the state leagues first.
    souravindia
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

State leagues have died down...there was a time when Kolkata League smaller teams used to give so many skilfull players...Because of National and I League, these leagues were killed making sure we further have talent dearth in India...While I am too a proponent of professionalism, killing existing infrastructure and practice before actually building a proper new one was always going to have affect

There should have been proper planning. State Leagues would still be important providing players or being feeders to the main Leagues.

munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    If ISL becomes a 5-6 months proper league, dont think it will remain financially viable for the franchise owners. They will certainly not be able to afford any semi-decent players (home or abroad) without significantly increasing their budgets keeping everything else same as in Season 1. Would these franchises spend 40-50 crores every year for next 8-10 years?   @Gaffertape should know ;)
    Deb_Banmunna219777AKBatuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    TV Telecast Round 13
    Maddie
    Agree with Ashlesh here. And honestly, think about it, if you make the ISL in its current format a 5-6 month league, what would be the difference? You would still get 14 games, just not a game a day but more like 4 games every weekend.

There are issues obviously here though like having to spend more money on maintaining training grounds and stadiums, money spent on keeping up with hype, money spent on probably rented hotels for players if they need that extended stay, and also the fact that we have to deal with STAR Sports wanting to protect their other properties like IPL.

Keep in mind, when ISL gets the point where it needs to be a full league, it will have to go into the months of April to June which are IPL months... STAR Sports' moves here will be pivotal.

I also agree with @Ashlesh on the stars. I mean, we're still using guys like Villa, Lampard, and Kaka but we are also bringing in lower guys like Tim Cahill, Kevin Doyle etc who are not as known but still quality and something we should take advantage of is the top leagues in South America and Africa where we can find players on the cheap, esspecially in South America.
    AshleshMaddie