Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > Joyptan said:
    > Ok, uga and bello did punched each other like Muhammad Ali vs Sonny Liston but they wasn't shown red car but odafa did. hence more punisment for him than those two.
    >
    > And who is sweeping things under the carpet? me or mb fans? who is the main culprit for this mess? don't stay in denial,open eyes and try to cure the cancer which have made
    > MB = MOHUN BAGAN into MB = Mitra Basu Private LTD.

Lets not talk abt MB (non)management - enough has been said, and anybody who is aware of Indian football is aware of that.No point in stretching it further. Why are u deviating from the main agenda of this decision/core committee/ a one man committee(thats a joke - the decision would be biased, as there wont be any deliberation!), who are bending rules as per their whims and discreetion....And then we talk about AIFF getting professional!!!!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

> Soccerlover said:
    > > Domnic said:
    > > Many MB fans say that referee should not have given red card considering the situation relating to crowd. Now that should apply to players as well and they should conduct themselves properly in tricky situations.
    >
    >

If the fucking referee who is officiating a derby in front of 1 lac + crowd is unaware of the circumstances/aftermath of a wrong decision, u expect the footballers to maintain cool and that too in such an intense match! Hope u have watched a soccer match in a  1 lac+ capacity stadium, and hence making that comment...

I guess you are die hard fan of MB so I will not comment any further. I can understand ur feelings. But i will conclude this topic by saying that Odafa has always been a big bully(I know what he was at CB) and he deserved the red card for his actions. You cant just keep screaming in the the face of the referee. It amounts to intimidation which is a straight red card.

Anyways I hope the ban is reduced to this season only. But what surprised me was that only a handful of fans were protesting outside the club HQ. Why is it so??? Any idea. They should kick those officials out now.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Domnic do u know why there was only handfull mb fans protesting out side the mb club tent? because those asshole mb officials have sucssesfully diverted they attention from them to aiff with their usual "hate spech" against eb & aiff.

• > Domnic said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > Domnic said:
    > > > Many MB fans say that referee should not have given red card considering the situation relating to crowd. Now that should apply to players as well and they should conduct themselves properly in tricky situations.
    > >
    > >

If the fucking referee who is officiating a derby in front of 1 lac + crowd is unaware of the circumstances/aftermath of a wrong decision, u expect the footballers to maintain cool and that too in such an intense match! Hope u have watched a soccer match in a  1 lac+ capacity stadium, and hence making that comment...

>
    >

I guess you are die hard fan of MB so I will not comment any further. I can understand ur feelings. But i will conclude this topic by saying that Odafa has always been a big bully(I know what he was at CB) and he deserved the red card for his actions. You cant just keep screaming in the the face of the referee. It amounts to intimidation which is a straight red card.

Anyways I hope the ban is reduced to this season only. But what surprised me was that only a handful of fans were protesting outside the club HQ. Why is it so??? Any idea. They should kick those officials out now.

To comment on ur last part : its a fact MB fans are not that passionate, unlike EB supporters. MB fans tend to cry more over spilled milk, rather than make things happen.....with due respect to all EB fans, MB has a history in this country from pre Independence time....its not just a football club....lot of sentiment, emotions ,a "feel good" factor is associated with the name Mohun Bagan. The problem is (i have said this before also) with this pride, the officials as also the fan have taken things for granted...they are happy reliving the past glory rather than looking ahead and take the Brand Mohun Bagan from A level to B level.... U will see, even a bigger brand need to be relaunched (keeping in mind its core strength and then put a topup to it with value added benefits etc. to keep pace with changing time), but both the fans and officials have failed to keep pace with changing time. I can bet, even now, 9 out of 10 MB supporters would still be believing that the ban on MB would be revoked - just b'coz its "Mohun Bagan", and hence the turnout has been so less. And thats the problem - that "zamindari" culture has to be done away with....

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@soccerlover. You couldn't have summed it up better. The ground reality described in a nutshell. Well said.
    =D>

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I dont think Odafe will be penalized beyond what he is liable to for red card. This is a rumor created by a section of fans. In no communication to IFN or any media has AIFF talked about taking strong action against Odafa as far as I know

• > nameWTHeld said:
    > I dont think Odafe will be penalized beyond what he is liable to for red card. This is a rumor created by a section of fans. In no communication to IFN or any media has AIFF talked about taking strong action against Odafa as far as I know

News are abuzz in local media abt Odafa being penalised severely.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

I find it funny that people should be concerned on Odafa's punishment when the club is banned... If MB's banned is not removed, how does his punishment (no. of match suspend) even matter?

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Syed Rahim Nabi started his training from today after getting injured on 9th December's KOLKATA DERBY.