Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points

Nabi saying had he died then the club would not have to face this.... and would have died if he knew this previously

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

That is too much from Nabi.
    Anyway, as far as I know, the officials r not ready to let go their ego. So instead of appealing for mercy, they r going to arbitration and then courts. So dont expect anythin from 9 Jan except for my b'day

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

projenator

This is a ploy by offials to divert attention,and some fools(mb fans) have allready diverted their attention from the actual cancer.

One story about Dhiren Dey, former Mohun Bagan general secretary in the Seventies had threatened players to field the club's groundsmen if the players, demanding more money, did not end their agitation and take the field.

And now...,........,..

The penalty for pulling out of a match in the Asian Champions League, the continent’s biggest football competition, is exactly what Mohun Bagan are now facing after refusing to play the second half of their I-League match against East Bengal on December 9.

According to Section 29 of the regulations of the Asian Football Confederation’s (AFC) Champions League 2012, the penalty for a team that refuses to continue a match is disqualification from the next two editions of the competition.

The team will also be considered to have withdrawn from the current edition of the competition.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/Football/AIFF-penalty-same-as-Asia-s-apex-meet/Article1-982849.aspx

• Why cant this be like FIFA Career mode where I can withdraw from a competition and all that happens is a 3-0 loss and a letter from the board saying "I hope this wont happen anymore."

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Why cant this be like FIFA Career mode where I can withdraw from a competition and all that happens is a 3-0 loss and a letter from the board saying "I hope this wont happen anymore."

Just imagine the same if USFC would have done after a 5-1 scoreline at HT andwhat if they refuse to play again??what will you do in that case?? a 3-0 in favour of prayag as USFC withdrew in between??
    and also this isnt in the spirit of the game to leave it in between

but yea still i feel 2 years is huge punishment... may be a 20 point deduction or a relegation this season would be fair compared to present one
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Why cant this be like FIFA Career mode where I can withdraw from a competition and all that happens is a 3-0 loss and a letter from the board saying "I hope this wont happen anymore."
    >
    >

Just imagine the same if USFC would have done after a 5-1 scoreline at HT andwhat if they refuse to play again??what will you do in that case?? a 3-0 in favour of prayag as USFC withdrew in between??
    and also this isnt in the spirit of the game to leave it in between

but yea still i feel 2 years is huge punishment... may be a 20 point deduction or a relegation this season would be fair compared to present one

Haha na I was not serious. It is fun though for beginners for when they are losing 7-0 and then they can withdraw with only a 3-0 loss.