Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    I-League champions Mohun Bagan club's financial secretary Debasish Dutta today took a swipe at Indian Football Association (IFA) during the national club's felicttaion organised by the parent body.
    http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/bagan-official-takes-a-dig-at-parent-body-during-felicitation_1627448.html
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    How good or bad is Mohun Bagan and East Bengal's grounds? Cant they play their home games in their respective home grounds? The derby matches can be plaued at Salt Lake Stadium. This way they can earn more revenue from Gate receipts and cheaper for them to hosg games.
    dhali
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    edited July 2015
    Well, they are not best in the state (far from it), but playable. Turf is OK; in fact, any natural turf in Bengal is good. There is negligence in terms of maintenance because this activity does not get you on the newspapers. Also, there are lack of other facilities also like press room, dressing rooms Refs room and mixed zone. 

Considering very few few stadiums have them, I think both the grounds are fit to stage I-league matches, with some sprucing up work.
    indianFootballFanfootydip
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    It will be so much more fun to watch ileague in the MB ground....it even has floodlights and crowd will close to action, a proper football stadium. But can the truf be maintained if the team practicies and hosts matches there?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

Today is the 22nd Death Aniversary of Mohun Bagan's best administrator Dhiren Dey. A personal account of Dhiren Dey by his co-worker Dhiraj Bandopadhay.

-The Man behind the construction of concrete stands in MB ground. He called up then Home Minister Jagjiban Ram and PM Indira Gandhi after Army had denied them the permission to build the stands. The permission arrived in an hour.
    -Dey's Medical were working together with Sterling Winthrop in creating medicines. Dhiren Dey contacted Cosmos via them
    -Interesting fact that in 1987 after New York Cosmos's trip, Dey had lined up Arsenal for an exhibition match only for rules regarding transfer of foreign currency to come in between
    Deb_Banreddevil87munna219777AKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Damn. I mean, you could say what a fall by Bagan but it was not long ago they played Bayern Munich.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    May be within 2-3 years India will be the destination for pre season of EPL teams. I league XI isn't far behind of Malaysia XI or Singapore XI . huge market. Popularity of EPL. Wonder why they used to skip India.
    Deb_Bandhali
    Club managers like Dey are like rare species these days. They were kind of 'benevolent dictators' -- good for the club, ruled with a iron fist. They gave their time and money to the upliftment of the club and the game.

Today's operators just utilize the social/ political standing of the club management to further their own cause ... 
    footydipdhali
    So, training sessions start for the new season ...
    http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31812&articlexml=Sen-targets-CFL-Premier-Div-title-17072015021097
    As Sony Norde will not play in CFL, a new striker is bound to rise. And Sen is known to nurture young players. This years CFL is going to be interesting, title or not ...