Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    MB ground already has permanent concrete gallery and the floodlights have been there since decades. Once they finish bucket seats installation, floodlights renovations and press box construction, I think it's good to go.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    If Army is allowing construction making the stadium fit for I-League, then thats a good news. I would like to see I-League games there.
    The MB concrete gallery was permitted in the 70s I guess! I think they have recently renovated it, @archak or @AKB can confirm.
    reddevil87
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Yes in between 1972-74. Bucket seats started late last year.
    What is the I-League criteria? Construction of Press Box, Changing Rooms.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    if the afc stadium criteria are to be strictly followed, then the mb ground will fail on a number of criteria.

1. Press Box (temporary arrangement with enclosure of a certain section of the gallery doesn't count)
    2. Roof for spectators
    3. Dope Testing Room
    4. room for match commisioner
    5. separate rooms for 2 teams and referee
    6. enclosure of the ground

munna219777namewtheld
    Does Cooperage have a roof?
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Clearence related to AFC criteria / licencing is all bullshit. Don't know any stadium except YBK has such facilities. Thus strictly speaking I-League or AFC Cup matches stand ruled out at the Maidan.Only a handful stadiums in India pass the criteria and AFC matches are always held at those stadiums only.
    Really surprising that YBK is the home vebue for Mohun Bagan & EB, Fatorda is the home venue of Dempo, Salgaocar, Sporting, Churchill and Kanteerava is the home ground of BFC. None of these teams own these grounds.... is this aspect is considered or it is an un-important issue ?
    I remember YBK was passed as Mohun Bagan & EB home venue but failed as the Mohammedan SC's home venue. 
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10062 Points
    I-league criteria are a little soft. For example, temporary stands are OK (Cooperage), gallery cover -- even partly -- is not mandatory. Sole ownership is also not needed, a long term lease or a MOU for use is sufficient. However, other items like dressing rooms, press room, refs' room etc are required. So MB/ EB grounds will pass for I-league (that they do not stage matches there are just the Jokers' inabilities). Don't know about AFC matches. International matches ("FIFA" matches) require stricter enforcement of their rules, which, rightly said, very few stadiums in India passes. Few years back, India had only one such stadium, and that was Chennai.

Big 2 problems are many, as far as grounds are concerned. Grounds are owned by the Army, Clubs are just lease tenants. Maintenance done by State PWD. Politicians fleet in and out. So many parties involved.

Floodlights were fitted in the '70s when Pakhtakor Club played some matches with them. But no evening matches were staged after that, and the equipment died a natural death.

As of now, they look like haunted houses against the glitters of CAB office, just across the road at the Eden Gardens.
    karenesudhakar2050munna219777deepakcreddevil87Soham_De
    edited October 2015
    There will be Sparks, Smoke and Fire if they try to start Floodlights. Then there will be short circuit with a bang and transformer will go down and whole Maidan Area will be under darkness.

:P
    Deb_Banreddevil87Soham_DeSoccerlover