Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <div>well the players went there for some shopping I guess!!!!</div><div><br></div><div>P.S. wtf are the players doing</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>It is okk man...we know how is nepal crowd (they might have made it hostile for MB )and i heard some top nepal players were also part of the NPC team specially for this match...</div><div>so there is nothing bad in losing...anyway it was a friendly</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited May 2012
    rudra wrote:
    <div>well the players went there for some shopping I guess!!!!</div><div><br></div><div>P.S. wtf are the players doing</div>

<br><br>The attack lacked any bite, even the biggest MB fan won't deny that. I did not follow the game but judging from the updates in the fan's groups,   Anwar had to be replaced midway in the second half, guessing he is the main culprit as always. Not many here are aware, it's not just Robin Singh, Anwar and Missi Masih (named by fans given his plethora of mispasses) lead no less bohemian a lifestyle, just that Robin gets more media attention. Also it is being floated that they had issues with high altitude and just couldn't keep up in the last 20mins or so. The first goal was conceded in the 79th min. Having seen the MB team at sea level all season, I am not surprised that they ran out of steam later part of second half. <br><br>Someone commented MB team this season is pretty average without Odafa and Barreto, one name to that list if I can add, syed rahim nabi, otherwise the team is very average for sure if you consider Barreto was unfit 99% of the time this season, can't agree more.  The few games (Chirag Kerala, both legs, Lajong second leg, Pune second leg, EB second leg around 10 mins in second half), MB gave brief glimpses the potent force they could be.  Had it not been for Odafa, Nabi and MOST IMPORTANTLY, very skillful tactical maneuvering by Subrata (which will never get mentioned anywhere, I betchya, given the straight shooter and unpopular person he is, especially with the officials and the media house they own), MB would have been placed around mid table, below Pune and Prayag, who I seriously think had a team as good as MB, if not better. Subrata in personal conversation with many fans have repeatedly mentioned that other than Odafa and Nabi, the rest of the team is a "bunch of jokers", especially Anwar and Missi Masih (if reference reqd, i can have you talk to those fans )<br><br>and for those who are wondering why an exhibition game in Nepal at this point of time, it was a brand building initiative of UB in Nepal.<br>
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    I know this is a crazy idea but I would love to see Morgan as coach and Subroto as TD for East bengal :D
  • debjit1925 wrote:
    I know this is a crazy idea but I would love to see Morgan as coach and Subroto as TD for East bengal :D

<br><div><br></div><div>Why is there a technical director anyway. It should be Chairmen and Coach/Manager.</div>
  • Did UB also promote Mohun Bagan by selling merchandise as well. How much of the funds from the match go to Bagan specifically.
  • <div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Now finally winner is Nepal Police Club... </span></div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nepal Police Club stunned McDowell's Mohun Bagan Club 2-0 in a friendly match played at Dasrath Stadium on Saturday. </span><div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div>
    <div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Now finally winner is Nepal Police Club... </span></div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nepal Police Club stunned McDowell's Mohun Bagan Club 2-0 in a friendly match played at Dasrath Stadium on Saturday. </span><div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Lol why am I not surprised Shankar.</div>
  • <div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Now finally winner is Nepal Police Club... </span></div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nepal Police Club stunned McDowell's Mohun Bagan Club 2-0 in a friendly match played at Dasrath Stadium on Saturday. </span><div><span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Notice that the word is friendly.</div><div><br></div><div>England beat Spain in a friendly. Is England better than Spain?</div><div><br></div><div>The USA beat Italy 1-0 in a friendly. Is USA better than Italy?</div>
    @arsenalfan: good luck in convincing them bro.
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    debjit1925 wrote:

<br><br>Man, you have gone nuts, both have vastly different styles but very complementary, they are just different people, it's like trying to mix oil and water but if you can mix them, albeit impossible, it can yield something unimaginably great, I know what you are trying to get at, debjit. While Morgan has wonderful man management with expertise at developing a well knit combination, Subrata is a shrewd tactician and can turn any game on its head by his superb match reading and masterstroke tactical tweaking.<br><br>Also, there's this unwritten, undiscussed competition going on between them all the time. Although they never take names and heap praises on each other, there's always some needling going on. <br>