Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Nabi understandable, but Nirmal? Its too early

• > somesh said:
    > Nabi understandable, but Nirmal? Its too early

Well it is Santosh and based on his past he does do very well with experience but, of course, we should keep in mind that he now has money.
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > somesh said:
    > > Nabi understandable, but Nirmal? Its too early
    >
    >

Well it is Santosh and based on his past he does do very well with experience but, of course, we should keep in mind that he now has money.

Santosh is no Karim Bencharifa that he would have his say...thats the problem. Karim always had a say and hence he cud transform some talents...and the moment MB started losing a couple of games, he was axed! MB being a big institution, Santosh cant wield his stick!
  • He is still the man in the locker room who talks to the players and he talks on the practice pitch. I know he wont have a lot of say in his line-up but a coach can talk to the players and motivate and I think that is the secret to Santosh's success. I mean what else could it have been?

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited September 2012

> somesh said:
    > If I am not wrong, this time CFL includes the erstwhile 2nd div CFL teams too. This could b the reason for all the big margin results for east bengal n bagan

That's incorrect, while it's true teams like WB Police or Army XI lacks foreigners, the teams have done well against teams like Kalighat MS or Bhowanipore which boast not only foreigners but with I league experience.  I honestly think the  teams are combining much better than they usually do around this time of the season and it's not just Bagan, even Mohammedan seemed pretty impressive against quality sides like Bhowanipore etc. no wonder the deluge against Aizawl. Kalighat put up a great fight against East Bengal although they conceded three (if I remember correctly). I for one, was not at all surprised when they beat wahingdoh by an impressive margin. Every one took pre-season very seriously started as early as July first week, numerous practice games over the last couple months with lots of experimentation testing the bench. Whats most interesting is the emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground taking a cue from the national team. 

Provided the players can keep themselves off the dengue menace, I would look forward to an impressive performance in the Fed cup.

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > He is still the man in the locker room who talks to the players and he talks on the practice pitch. I know he wont have a lot of say in his line-up but a coach can talk to the players and motivate and I think that is the secret to Santosh's success. I mean what else could it have been?

Santosh did not have any role in player recruiting but he is the one picking the eleven for every game.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

From the highlights, it seems that Bagan played with quite a lot of speed. That the opposition allowed ample space in the flanks to run could have been one of the reasons. Also the jersey looks so much more impressive without that idiotic white band

• > somesh said:
    > From the highlights, it seems that Bagan played with quite a lot of speed. That the opposition allowed ample space in the flanks to run could have been one of the reasons. Also the jersey looks so much more impressive without that idiotic white band

Bagan has been very speedy down both flanks this season, even in the game against George, which was telecast live. Manish Bhargav on the right and three options on the left. Everyone was very disappointed with Snehasis this season (like the last one) but he showed glimpses of old today. Add to that Lalrinfela and Bijen Rai, who were the ones playing until Snehasis got a look in today.

Too early but I like the way the teams are combining keeping the ball on the ground. At the end of the day, in sport you WILL loose some but what matters to me is whether the effort was in the right direction.

The refereeing has also been very impressive, a couple goals disallowed today one for offside (jewel first half) and foulplay (nirmal-second half)

• RonnyRonny 10477 Points

Manish Bhargav is no 34??..he looked impressive...Nirmal is a selfless, fighting team player whereas Odafa is really selfish..it may hurt Bagan in the long run