Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > Ronny said:
    > Manish Bhargav is no 34??..he looked impressive...Nirmal is a selfless, fighting team player whereas Odafa is really selfish..it may hurt Bagan in the long run

Odafa selfish ?? I am on several forums and this is the first comment calling Odafa selfish, a few have found him not too fit for their liking but selfish ? Not any, only ronny.  Interesting, huh ?

• RonnyRonny 10477 Points

Am surprised you havent heard this before because there are so many times when Odafa cud have passed on to a team mate but he decides to go for glory himself by just keeping the ball and trying to make room to shoot..To others its like being selfish and to him its like having faith in his own abilities..

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

actually why its not mentioned often because he is so prolific that nobody minds, infact fans would love him to have the ball all the time :) So essentially not much complaints

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited September 2012

I think this would be better illustrated by taking the last game's video as an example. Look at the first goal Odafa scored, unimaginable confidence, when he first got the ball, there was not many around him, only the gk to beat. Since the shooting position was not that good, he did an inside by then three defenders ran in and positioned themselves between Odafa and the goal.  He dribbled past and scored, what doest that tell anyone, any guy watching the game ?

Now compare this with the ball he passed Sabeeth midway into the first half.  I have scored numerous times from there when I used to play. Granted Sabeeth was not confident to shoot from there, the easiest thing would have been to tip the ball over the Gk's head somehow and then run round the GK, get control of the ball, then shoot into the empty goal.  In Bhowanipore's game against MDS, Barreto did a similar thing and scored. When you have time, why hurry ?  Basic football coaching tells you to get into the best scoring position.  Sabeeth in spite of having so much time and space hurried, no wonder he shot over the bar.  Had Odafa done an outside and targeted the far corner of the net, I bet he would have done a better job than Sabeeth.  It looked so ugly Sabeeth messing such an easy chance.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

come on, u dont have to give example to come sabeeth and odafa!!!! if there's anything of sabetth better than odafa that is he is a hard working guy in practice..bass nothing else comes close

• archakarchak 2082 Points

odafa selfish no way i agree to that. he likes to dribble a bit more than normal

• > projenator said:
    > I think this would be better illustrated by taking the last game's video as an example. Look at the first goal Odafa scored, unimaginable confidence, when he first got the ball, there was not many around him, only the gk to beat. Since the shooting position was not that good, he did an inside by then three defenders ran in and positioned themselves between Odafa and the goal.  He dribbled past and scored, what doest that tell anyone, any guy watching the game ?

Now compare this with the ball he passed Sabeeth midway into the first half.  I have scored numerous times from there when I used to play. Granted Sabeeth was not confident to shoot from there, the easiest thing would have been to tip the ball over the Gk's head somehow and then run round the GK, get control of the ball, then shoot into the empty goal.  In Bhowanipore's game against MDS, Barreto did a similar thing and scored. When you have time, why hurry ?  Basic football coaching tells you to get into the best scoring position.  Sabeeth in spite of having so much time and space hurried, no wonder he shot over the bar.  Had Odafa done an outside and targeted the far corner of the net, I bet he would have done a better job than Sabeeth.  It looked so ugly Sabeeth messing such an easy chance. 

If u may recall, I had raised this(Odafa being self centred and not complementing Tolgay's efforts/goals, when MB was playing in Srinagar) last week...but u refused to agree to that. As they say, strikers "hunt" in pair and hence its an absolute must to keep playing for each other which helps the team as a whole. We must remember, Odafa is the captain this year and he has to lead from the front instead of being/living in isolation. How good/bad a team is, depends on how good the team bonds both on/off the field. Having seen Tolgay(last year he was absolutely focussed and passionate to win for the team )-and with all that MB has done for him this year, he is sure to lead from the front as well in terms of striking a rapport).Last year it was Baretto who cud handle this, but Odafa is the man who has to take the lead this time - a captain's band has a lot of significance... 

• https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415482485186350.97190.238802646187669&type=1

Mariners add style to Kolkata Fashion Week. The Agnimitra Paul association continues.

• http://www.mohunbaganac.com/news-detail/mcdowell-mohun-bagan-leaving-for-siliguri-tomorrow

The 20-member team for Federation Cup are as follows: Arindam
    Bhattacharya, Shilton Paul, Nirmal Chettri, Aiborlang Khongjee,
    Celestine Anyichie Echezona, Khelemba Meetei, Lalrozama Fanai, Warundeep
    Singh, Manish Maithani, Manish Bharghav, Rakesh Masih, Biswajit Saha,
    Sk. Jewel Raja, Syed Rahim Nabi, Snehasish Chakraborty, Denson Devadas,
    Odafa Onyeke Okolie, Tolgay Ozbey, Sabeeth Sathyan, Anil Kumar.

The
    officials for Federation Cup are as follows: Santosh Kashyap, Bernard
    Oparanozie, Joseph Ronald D'Angelus, Jonathan James Corner.