Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

It is "TOKEN" not "CHALAN"

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Karim played dirty with Salgaocar. First of all he released many senior players and took all novices. And now he is not willing to fulfill he's commitments. And many guys are calling him professional. I hope Mr Salgaocar does not release him till the last day of the notice period. Lets see if MB can wait for one month. This man called KB needs to be treated with the carrot and stick approach.

• > Domnic said:
    > Karim played dirty with Salgaocar. First of all he released many senior players and took all novices. And now he is not willing to fulfill he's commitments. And many guys are calling him professional. I hope Mr Salgaocar does not release him till the last day of the notice period. Lets see if MB can wait for one month. This man called KB needs to be treated with the carrot and stick approach.
    >

I wudnt call Salgaocar player novices....its a very good team with combination of youth and experience. And talking abt they releasing senior players  - notable of them is Sueoka - he is an utility player and it was a good buy for Dempo. This apart they let go Chidi, Tomba and Ishfaq, and I dont think they were good players. Instead they have brought in good footballers like Rooney, the one from Philippines. Karim has never gone for stars in whichever team he has coached and that have got him results. 
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@soccerlover. If he did not want to stay with Salgaocar, he shld hv left before the season started.Some other coach would hv selected people as per he's needs. U cant leave a club midway and expect to be called a professional coach. This guy will rot in hell with this money.

Domnic
    @soccerlover. If he did not want to stay with Salgaocar, he shld hv left before the season started.Some other coach would hv selected people as per he's needs. U cant leave a club midway and expect to be called a professional coach. This guy will rot in hell with this money.

Absolutly agree with u @Domnic

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Now that Karim has a 2.5 yr deal at MB in his 2nd stint at the club....maybe he can beat this record...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/915413-bulgarian-club-etar-veliko-tarnovo-sack-same-coach-for-third-time-this-season

=))

• Once again points out the TWO CULPRITS. jai jodi jak pran, CUT MONEY bhogoban

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited October 2012
    GOAN MEDIA.............

Karim ditches Salgaocar for lucrative Bagan deal
    Moroccan Set To Become Highest-Paid Coach In Indian Football
    Marcus Mergulhao TNN

Panaji: When Mohun Bagan come calling, it’s hard to say no.
    Salgaocar Sports Club learnt this the hard way as their coach Karim Bencherifa tendered his resignation on Thursday and is now set to return to a club which had shown him the door little over two seasons back.
    Bencherifa’s departure from Mohun Bagan in 2010 was ‘amicable’ but beneath the surface there was enough tension to suggest otherwise. However, as Bencherifa returns to Kolkata, Bagan officials will roll out a red carpet for him while fans will rather at the airport to welcome him back with open arms.
    “I have tendered my resignation and it was not an easy decision. Sometimes, football is like life and we must move on. I will remember Salgaocar as a professional club with a top-quality chairman. Don’t forget we made history here,” said Bencherifa, who won his first and only ILeague title with the Goan club in 2010-11.
    Though neither Bagan nor Bencherifa were willing to share details of what is expected to be a lucrative 19-month contract, insiders say it will make him the best-paid coach ever in Indian club football. The contract is said to be worth Rs 2.5 crore.
    Bencherifa is contracted with Salgaocar till May, 2013 but both parties have an exit clause in the contract which gives them a way out with a one-month notice. Bencherifa has invoked this clause in his resignation letter.
    “The coach is serving his notice period. He should be with us till November 17,” club chairman Shivanand Salgaocar told TOI on Thursday. Interestingly, Salgaocar are scheduled to play Mohun Bagan in I-League in Kolkata on that very day.
    The club chairman is understood to have met Bencherifa twice in the last three days, but admitted that he had no inkling that his coach would turn his back on a club where he was loved and respected. “This came as a shock to us,” said Salgaocar.
    “Turmoil at Mohun Bagan is nothing new. They always have problems with their coaches but we never thought Bencherifa would resign in this manner. Life has to go on and we must start the hunt for a new coach,” said the club chairman.
    Bencherifa addressed the players on Thursday morning and explained the reasons behind his departure. Some players and members got a touchemotional but the Moroccan coach assured them that he would continue for a month.
    “Technically, I am still the coach of Salgaocar and just like me, you must continue to give your best,” he told the players, who responded by hammering Goa Velha 6-1 in a Goa Pro League clash later in the day.
    The coach, though, did not speak a word about Mohun Bagan. “This is not the right time to speak about it,” he said.
    For Bagan fans, the wait continues. For Salgaocar, a chapter ends.
    New coach to be unveiled today?
    Kolkata: Mohun Bagan have called a news conference at the club tent on Friday morning on “football affairs”. Amid strong indication that Karim Bencherifa’s name will be announced as the new coach, there is question mark over whether the Moroccan will make it to Kolkata in time. He may arrive on Friday morning but sources indicated that the intercation could even be held without him. TNN

Until karim comes Mridul Bandopaddhy will be mb coach.

Mridul Bandopaddhy will take charge of mb for this 1 month notice pireod for karim. He will be mb asst. coach when karim takes charge.