India FIFA Ranking

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What do you expect when we dont play games. Not that I am saying we should. We had no control and there was no reason to play a match. 168 may be our lowest ranking but who cares about the FIFA Rankings. Even Brazil is at 13 and will be behind Denmark, a team Brazil killed 3-1 and had like 60% of possession in for most of the match.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Fuck the FIFA Rankings.</font></div>
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited July 2012
    fans of strong nations may not care about their rankings but i do.i matters for weak countries like us.
  • fans of strong nations may not care about their rankings but i do.i matters for weak countries like us.

<br><div><br></div><div>Not really. I mean ya it would be great to be in the 130s and that again but do you honestly belief that Bangladesh are better than us. That Nepal is better. That Afghanistan are better.</div>
  • It just hurts the prospect of our players trying to ply their trade elsewhere. It becomes really hard for a player to go to countries where there is a much better domestic set up than India. Which team would want a player from a 168th ranked nation? We have the potential to be in the 120s like you said but we need to play more games and that too in FIFA match days against higher ranked opponents. Hopefully Baan can set up some friendlies then. If we are in the top 120s, it becomes much better for our players to be recruited by foreign clubs for their talent rather than marketability. 
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Just like Bangladesh Beat Lebanon and shot up the rankings..AIFF should seriously think about FIFA matchdays..while the FIFA ranking does not entirely tell about the quality of tehnational team and their league, it is still embarassing that we are ranked so low.<br><br>Possibly rob bann and his team are fixing things one by one , first youth academy, youth talent spotting, then U16, U22 & NT..probably the FIFA days are also on their mind but on a lower priority..<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    silicon3 wrote: »
    Just like Bangladesh Beat Lebanon and shot up the rankings..AIFF should seriously think about FIFA matchdays..while the FIFA ranking does not entirely tell about the quality of tehnational team and their league, it is still embarassing that we are ranked so low.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Possibly rob bann and his team are fixing things one by one , first youth academy, youth talent spotting, then U16, U22 & NT..probably the FIFA days are also on their mind but on a lower priority..</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If that is Baan's plans then I am somewhat appalled. For him his next objective after the coaching clinics should be the u16s and then it should be sitting with the AIFF and starting the I-League National Youth League along the same lines as the A-League National Youth League.</font></div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Just like Bangladesh Beat Lebanon and shot up the rankings..AIFF should seriously think about FIFA matchdays..while the FIFA ranking does not entirely tell about the quality of tehnational team and their league, it is still embarassing that we are ranked so low.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Possibly rob bann and his team are fixing things one by one , first youth academy, youth talent spotting, then U16, U22 & NT..probably the FIFA days are also on their mind but on a lower priority..</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If that is Baan's plans then I am somewhat appalled. For him his next objective after the coaching clinics should be the u16s and then it should be sitting with the AIFF and starting the I-League National Youth League along the same lines as the A-League National Youth League.</font></div>

<br><br>Man..... if we start  a national youth league , i will b ecstatic...<br><br>i dunno what Robs plans r..What i have wriiten is what i thought Rob Bann would be looking at...<br><br>i am a firm believer in youth development and spotting.. and then off course as you said avenues for the youth to showcase their skill all year round ( a national youth league)<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    Just like Bangladesh Beat Lebanon and shot up the rankings..AIFF should seriously think about FIFA matchdays..while the FIFA ranking does not entirely tell about the quality of tehnational team and their league, it is still embarassing that we are ranked so low.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Possibly rob bann and his team are fixing things one by one , first youth academy, youth talent spotting, then U16, U22 & NT..probably the FIFA days are also on their mind but on a lower priority..</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If that is Baan's plans then I am somewhat appalled. For him his next objective after the coaching clinics should be the u16s and then it should be sitting with the AIFF and starting the I-League National Youth League along the same lines as the A-League National Youth League.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Man..... if we start  a national youth league , i will b ecstatic...</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">i dunno what Robs plans r..What i have wriiten is what i thought Rob Bann would be looking at...</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">i am a firm believer in youth development and spotting.. and then off course as you said avenues for the youth to showcase their skill all year round ( a national youth league)</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That was based on what he did with Australia. He came in and started the A-League National Youth League and loved the concept.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://sesasport.com/?p=323</font></div>;
    hmmm... i hope Rob bann can help sort of d I-league for d AIFF... then hopefully the youth national league<br>
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    fans of strong nations may not care about their rankings but i do.i matters for weak countries like us.

<br><div><br></div><div>Not really. I mean ya it would be great to be in the 130s and that again but do you honestly belief that Bangladesh are better than us. That Nepal is better. That Afghanistan are better.</div>

no way i think that but i can't tolerate when i see nepali cunts bragging that their ranking is better than ours.