India FIFA Ranking

Comments

• FIFA Rankings - September 2012:
    Maldives moved up 2 positions in the
    new rankings to 159 in the FIFA World
    Rankings (27 in Asia). Nehru Cup 2012 winners India, dropped
    a place to 169 (32 in Asia) while Nepal
    dropped 4 places to 166 (30 in Asia).

• Ya saw that in Fifa.com and it looks like we are getting punished coz of the AFC Challenge cup dismal performance..so much for Savio our Asst. Coach :)

• frankly i think thats fair because it was afc level tournament and we didnt play well..Nehru cup is just a friendly tournament organisd by AIFF..no matter what we think abt FIFA rankings , it really does paint a better picture abt where we r..only thing they can introduce is a factor like what kind of opponent u have beaten..i.e. relative ranking ..
    ex..since India defeated camerron, indias point wil lget multi[plied by (1+ (168-Cameroons ranking)/total fifa countries)..thus if u defeat a country with ranking high, u will receive much valued points..ofcourse the min factor will be 1 otherwise higher ranked opponents will not play India or alike

• Sanjeev Biswas said:
    Ya saw that in Fifa.com and it looks like we are getting punished coz of the AFC Challenge cup dismal performance..so much for Savio our Asst. Coach :)

agree 100%..also because of Azerbaijan and oman friendlies..savio screwed us for the few months he was in
    Also a factor for the drop is that the afc challenge cup 2008 points no longer considered now coz 4 years have elapsed

• what an irony!

Days after what we thought India played the best football in a very long time, we move a place down to our worst ever ranking..:-(

butt still it is not that bad a picture as the rankings show.. under WIM hopefully some friendlies in near future, the only way is UP now!!

• Meh, I blame AIFF. Come on, how many times have we played on non-FIFA dates? How many times have we played in these tournaments and still had Nehru Cup count. The only match in the last year that India played on FIFA dates was the 2-match Malaysia series. 

I can now honestly believe because of that one "B" team in the tournament they how cup is not considered which, if the case, is entirely AIFFs fault. 

Now can they make up for it by changing there ways? Hope so....
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

Actually if India had the friendlies against Zambia,Oman,Azerbaijan under wim them the whole picture might have been completely different..nevermind its good that ranking has dropped so that AIFF now try level best for FIFA matchday friendlies

• > Ronny said:
    > Actually if India had the friendlies against Zambia,Oman,Azerbaijan under wim them the whole picture might have been completely different..nevermind its good that ranking has dropped so that AIFF now try level best for FIFA matchday friendlies

Exactly but look at when those matches were, on non-FIFA dates. I am just trying to apply logic here that the newspapers are not. Fine the Nehru Cup does not count but it is not because we dont play on non-FIFA dates, it is because Cameroon sent there B team and apparently one B team makes this an invitational B tournament (Well Syria also kinda sent a B team).
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

FIFA Ranking? You just got trolled...LOL
    Seriously, FIFA Ranking by its nature doesnt reflect the current quality of the team rather how the team has been faring over the last 4 years. So I will give it to them.

• > somesh said:
    > FIFA Ranking? You just got trolled...LOL
    Seriously, FIFA Ranking by its nature doesnt reflect the current quality of the team rather how the team has been faring over the last 4 years. So I will give it to them.

I thought we did well over few years, we won the World Cup or was that Savio playing mind games again.