Federation Cup 2014-15

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Finally people are realizing that its business in the end and Fed Cup and I-League ain't good business.
    @munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited November 2014
    Yes but it is not binding on them, not mandatory to telecast. They can easily make excuses on technical reasons, logistical reasons,operational reasons and not show them on TV. But they have no problem if some other channel shows them. Better go for DD Sports-they do not look at Profits.
    I will be happy to see it on DD Sports rather then waiting till last moment and getting no TV telecast.
    edited November 2014
    @coolgagan
    Ambani will profit with 2 month league-thats doesnt mean we will sabotage everything else and sit at home for rest 10 months.

Profit of a Businessman isnt the only thing.
    ashindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    If those idiots think about profit then give I league and Fed Cup to I league clubs .. like Zico Suggested 
    samiamcoolgaganmunna219777goalkeeparashindia
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If you get telecasted but for no money then what is the bloody point. Unless DD Sports pay up then I dont care if I do not see the Fed Cup... I-League will be on TEN Action regardless.
    munna219777
    Local sponsors, signboards etc will come if games are shown on TV. Thats indirect advantage of TV telecast. Remember that AIFF got sponsors too and they all get mileage because of TV telecast. Otherwise who will give money to them.
    Nobody will sponsor kit, jerseys of India National Team if every game they play is at Siliguri with no TV Telecast.
    And talking about Ten action, out of about 25 Shillong Games last year in I-League, they barely showed 4 on TV. Excuses Excuses by Ten Action always of not showing games on TV. And standard was so poor that sometimes we see umbrella on TV camera, sometimes only NOVY is doing commentary sitting in some control room.
    ten Action will save money by not showing I-League, better let other channel show it.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Come on, we have seen what sponsors the AIFF uses for Federation Cup and I-League. Ten Action, Airtel, IMG-Reliance, hypervenom etc. These were the signboards in many I-League games... how much money did we even make from these? I doubt a lot.

Most kit sponsors are already owners or main sponsors of the team like Kingfisher, McDowels, Peninsula, Dempo, Salgaocar, etc.
    edited November 2014
    There should be a body/platform to negotiate with TV networks where clubs can have revenue sharing model in TV Telecast. Local channels like of North east, Bengali, Konkani language TV channels should be given rights to broadcast games of Indian football and clubs shall have a share of revenue.
    No hope from AIFF.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    IMG-R and Ten Action were cc'd on email sent to all teams today regarding Fed Cup
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Shouldnt Ten Sports/Action use the hype created by ISL and try and get some advertisers on-board for Fed Cup and thereby give a better coverage? I mean if Jalsha Movies (Star Network Bengali regional channel) can rack up advertisements for the Calcutta League and provide a decent telecast package (pre-show, HT analysis and post-show), I cannot believe Ten cant for Fed Cup!