• DXDX 4074 Points
    To sell merchandize to whom?
    munna219777namewtheldDeb_BanDomnicreddevil87archak
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited August 2015
    To Balewadi Ghost!! 
    ArsenalFan700goalkeeparmohammed_87hassan
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Off topic but quick question... could there be a chance in the future to get rid of the Nehru Stadium in Pune and build a new football or athletic stadium there. I mean, the Nehru is a lot more closer to the city than Balewadi and the MCA Ground is farther.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    ArsenalFan700 I've been thinking about that since last year. I really wish it happened. Problem is there are hundreds of kids that train at the stadium everyday and people opposing the move might say they would suddenly have no place else to train. The Pune Municipal Corporation, which owns the stadium, hopes to hold domestic (Ranji Trophy) and IPL matches there but seeing the state of the stadium and the fact that the Maharashtra Cricket Association already has a vastly superior stadium of their own, I don't think they're thinking realistically at all. If a decent football stadium is built in its place, there's a very good chance it could hold ISL, I-League and even international football matches. As a cricket stadium, it can reportedly hold 25,000 people, so a football stadium in its place can probably hold even more.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Pune Municipal corporation owns that Nehru stadium. It is also used for various exhibitions, cultural events during ganapati festival and cricket (non First Class) as MCA stadium is far away. What is their benefit if they convert it into football? They will say that you got Balewadi stadium for football!!! Also remember that number one sport in Pune is Cricket.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    In case Kerala Blasters close down, will they make a change is schedule and have a shorter version of ISL with less games? Then AIFF can squeeze thru Federattion Cup.
    :P
    gaffertapeatuljg
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    edited August 2015
    The benefit, if they see it that way, is that they will get to host national and international level football matches and the stadium would be more relevant (if it's capacity would be larger than that of the Balewadi stadium), which can't happen if it were to remain a cricket stadium. They will never be able to host Ranji Trophy or IPL matches again no matter how many renovations are carried out in the stadium.

But I doubt the PMC cares about football anyway so the discussion is rather futile.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It can be done but would have to be like the Bangalore Football Stadium, with tons spent. I am not saying this will happen but ideally it should. The MCA Ground is the cities main cricket ground now and I did look it up, there are plenty of small grounds for kids to be playing on to practice.

I would hope the Pune Municipal Corp to want to eventually revitalize the stadium, perhaps turn it into an athletic stadium where you can have a football pitch in the middle.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    When, there's already Balewadi for Athletics, it should be a football exclusive stadium.