Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    india wants to know : why this civil war? Keep calm support indian football.
    Deb_BandeepakcEastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    @Deb_ban I wasn't even commenting in the ISL thread in the first place. Anyways, would be happy to leave it to this. Thanks.
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited September 2015
    @EastBengalPride & me may always be fighting when Mohun Bagan v EB is concerned, this is obvious & may not be understood by those who have never been passionately involved with either of these 2 INDIA GIANTS.... I repeat INDIA GIANTS. To last for over 125 years & almost 100 years respectively & still be competotive require some doing. Both of us are having enough mutual respect to each other's team which we normally don't show. But one thing is common... we do not accept that right from the commencement of NFL & subsequent I-League... there was no worthwhile title sponsors, no tv coverage, no crowd support etc. etc & things started improving after the advent of IMG-R. Actually after the advent of IMG-R nothing spectacular has happened which can justify that they have improved the I-League scenario. On the contrary to sell their own product..... first they purchased AIFF then gradually forced AIFF to reduce number of teams in I-League, killed Federation Cup. I'm not against ISL if it is projected as just a popular 3 m football event. But when it is projected as the Football Event of the Nation and to ensure a smooth 3 m fiesta.... you sacrifice I-League, Federation Cup, NT matches, Local leagues I am dead against it.  
    We criticize our NT but get overwhelmed when we see 6 Foreigners in a playing 11 in a football fiesta thereby ensuring less Indian participation. This head I win..tail you lose menatality is gradually prevailing because of those Indian fans who know more about European teams than any Indian team and go ga ga over a 3 m fiesta as so many 'Phoren' stars (may be 50% of them are not fit to last even one half) are seen.
    Till the sold out idiots of AIFF are kicked out & proper administrative set up is formed... individuals like @EastBengal Pride & me will remain a minority but will continue to raise our voices till the AIFF-IMG-R nexus is extinguished.
    atuljgEastBengalPriderudrafoxmunna219777debarghya89Deb_Bansilicon3deepakcBabertoand 1 other.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited September 2015
    @AKB.... bang on...  U stripped away to the core the negative effect ISL has had in Indian football Prowess.. no amount of  ISL Media interest ,Lets football Jingles, Nita Ambani Sweet talks will take away from the fact that Indian football is at its lowest nadir yet. Indian football is being slowly and systematically stripped to promote a 3 month league...

ya...i know..lets give ISL some time to further develop football , start  grass roots developments etc ...enough has been discussed on PRO ISL and PRO I-league, no point going down that road again..

The point is we football fans have no choice now that AIFF has sold the family silver to IMGR, we have to take whatever we get... I shudder to think if 2-3 i league clubs actually decide to call it a day, thats the end if our National league, no one will be  more happier than IMG R .
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited September 2015
    There is no point in continuing the argument because we are not in a position to influence any positive change in Indian Football. Let ISL flourish (if it can), let AIFF kill off Indian Club Football (this AIFF surely can), let Indian NT perform disappoinyingly in various International events (can't see any thing better than thishappening) & let a few express their frustration all the time (some 'stupid' guys like me) and let some (head I win, tail you lose types whom we know) shed crocodile's tear whenever Indian NT loses....
    Still hope that..... just as all good things come to an end... all not so good things for Indian Football may also end. Till then let us be mentally ready for huge disappointment every time our NT plays.
    Deb_Banatuljgdeepakcsilicon3
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    finally Kerala doing some good signings so the owner change is really helping them.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @jitug1979 Muthoot is set to be an owner as per some sources.
  • Thank God. Can we see more of local Keralite talents in the team soon.
    arun