Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Rohan....you know a million times more than these CEO or Asst Coach type guys at ISL Clubs. ...

I would hire you as you an "Asst Damian Commoli"
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I am not sure how I would feel about that title. The man has done some amazing things but has also done a lot of stupid things... sure sounds like me though.

Also, I don't know how to feel about your first line because the assistant coaches at ISL clubs are mainly former I-League coaches so I would hope they know more than me... please tell me that is the case.

Also, as a preview of my amazing ability, my first signing would be of David Beckham as a marquee and head coach. First Indian signing would be young talent Sonu Beniwal.
    atuljg
    With regards toyour comment about the Asst Coaches :
    KB : Trevor James Morgan...keeps signing washed up crap former East Bengal players like Nirmal Chhetri , Sushanth Mathew etc. in the hope to get himself back at Kolkata club.
    DD: Shakti Chauhan , never coached anything significant apart from Asst role at TFA, some dodgy coaching stints in Gujrat where he took soccer camp kids to Gothia / Dana Cup. Some serious allegations against him there in regards to behaviour !!
    ATK : who was their " Indian Asst" Jose Ramirez Barretto :-q good player and legend at MMB but terribel at his role and was sacked for trying to act as agent for players
    MCFC : Steve Darby. ..spent more time partying with Peter Reid and 20yr girls in Mumbai nightclubs...thought Abhishek Yadav, Nabi and Subrata were the answer. ...cancelled more training sessions than any other team...and thise few sessions were mainly 4 v 4 with Peter Reid joining in !
    PCFC : who was their Indian Asst ? Whoever it was struggled to keep Colombo in his technical area
    Chennaiyans..: Vivek Nagul... will reserve comments on him as I have contrasting stories from reliable sources about Him.
    NEUFC : poor Thangboi was sidelined by Ricky Herbert and his coke head "Asst" Lee Taylor
    DXmunna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    so are there any good upcoming coaches to keep eye
    it seems like since following indianfootball starting from 2007 ,the same names are repeating with players and coaches
    There are a few at BFC , the young Asst coaches at Shillong Lajong...Floyd Pinto who was at Kenkre , the Academy coaches at Mahilpur and Chandigarh , Gavin Aurojo from Goa. .. to name a few
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    JRB to be the assistant of the isl  acdemy in mumbai after leaving ATK
    samshankarmohammed_87hassan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    JRB is politically connected it seems.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

JRB is the best these guys can do?? though it is an assistant post either it should have been a good young foreign assistant coach or some upcoming indian coach..

ISL is just not living upto its promises in youth development so far

munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/19/john-abraham-bollywood-football-india-super-league

Very interesting things in this article... and comedy.

"There is no competitive tender for the broadcast rights, because of Star’s monopoly, and the clubs get none of the TV money. They make their rupees through gate receipts and their own sponsorship deals."

No wonder clubs will fail to make a profit! If this is true then WTF!!!

"There is one English club that he admires above all others. “Southampton, a very strong business model,” Abraham says. And his favourite Premier League player is also at St Mary’s. “Sadio Mané,” he says. “I absolutely love him. He is brilliant.”

I really wonder how long John Abraham, the football-obsessed fan, been following the Premier League or does he believe that following the model of a club close to bankruptcy before being bought out by a billionaire is the way to go.

Also, because I am American: Abraham, though, doubts the wisdom of such signings and he asks whether “we are going to go down the MLS route, where we look at semi-retired players, or are we going to look at young, fresh talent and build our own stars?”

Fuck off! This is more true for the Chinese Super League and the Middle East than MLS. Sure, some can argue the influence of German born players for the US but MLS has produced some good players for football in Clint Demspey, Michael Bradley, Jozy Altidore, Tim Howard and soon DeAndre Yedlin, Dillon Serna, and Matt Miazga. We also invested heavily in youth development and just recently started fielding reserve teams in the 3rd division. 

Also, semi-retired? Bradley, Giovinco, and Obafemi Martins are not even 30 yet! David Villa could still play in La Liga if he wanted. Beckham went to PSG after LA Galaxy and Thierry Henry was still wanted by Premier League clubs while in MLS.

John is not as big a fan as he claims.
    gaffertapeEastBengalPridemunna219777